Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Can\'t Install Eventide Factory & Smack LE

I'm helping a friend install MP4 plug ins on his G4 with PT 6.4.

The Eventide Factory and Smack LE appear in the Digi Plug Ins folder, but do not show up in the plug-in list on a session.

The iLok registration does not appear in the list when visiting the iLok site. The ilok licenses were loaded up by Digi using a MP4 activation card.

Any ideas?

Mark
Old 01-11-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Can\'t Install Eventide Factory & Smack LE

Well, in your plug-in list, are you seeing Smack in the Dynamics list? Although there are two different plug-ins in the folder, and two different auths on your iLok, it behaves as one in ProTools TDM. If you create an instance of Smack (TDM version) and then use the little "TDM" dropdown window and do the ol' "Convert to RTAS" thing, you'll notice that there's a delay because it has to re-authorize the plugin from your iLok in order to switch to the LE (RTAS) version.

As far as the Eventide Factory thing, I'm guessing that it would show up as all separate plugins (H949, Omnipressor, etc...) I don't think there's actually a plugin called Eventide Factory.

Just guessing here...

Did you "Synchronize" the iLok after your Digi dealer had installed those licences?

Cheers, eh?
Old 01-11-2006, 02:48 PM

Quote:
The iLok registration does not appear in the list when visiting the iLok site. The ilok licenses were loaded up by Digi using a MP4 activation card.

Any ideas?

Mark
So when logging in to iLok.com and synchronizing this iLok the licenses for Eventide Factory and the 2 licenses for Smack and Smack LE are not on the iLok ? If so then you don't have the plug-ins, did you download these to your iLok yourself from your download section on iLok.com ? You can check your history on iLok.com, it shows a complete decription of all the transactions in your account.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:01 PM

Quote:

So when logging in to iLok.com and synchronizing this iLok the licenses for Eventide Factory and the 2 licenses for Smack and Smack LE are not on the iLok ? If so then you don't have the plug-ins, did you download these to your iLok yourself from your download section on iLok.com ? You can check your history on iLok.com, it shows a complete decription of all the transactions in your account.
First of all, I made a typo regarding Smack. I meant to say, it appears as TDM, but not as RTAS, as it should. I mistakenly installed the LE version along with the TDM, and now the RTAS version is not appearing in the plug-in list in a PT session

Regarding the Eventide Factory...I logged onto Digi site and entered the authorization code for all of the plug-ins in the Massive Pack 4. And yes, new licenses appeared for all of the plugs on the iLok site, and I sycronized and downloaded them.

When all is said and done, the Factory appears in the Digi plug in folder of course, but the iLok verification does not appear anywhere on there site, neither as a new license, or when viewing licenses. All of the other plug ins are installed and working fine, and appear when viewing the iLok.

Something has fallen through the cracks.

Mark
Old 01-11-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:

First of all, I made a typo regarding Smack. I meant to say, it appears as TDM, but not as RTAS, as it should. I mistakenly installed the LE version along with the TDM, and now the RTAS version is not appearing in the plug-in list in a PT session

Regarding the Eventide Factory...I logged onto Digi site and entered the authorization code for all of the plug-ins in the Massive Pack 4. And yes, new licenses appeared for all of the plugs on the iLok site, and I sycronized and downloaded them.

When all is said and done, the Factory appears in the Digi plug in folder of course, but the iLok verification does not appear anywhere on there site, neither as a new license, or when viewing licenses. All of the other plug ins are installed and working fine, and appear when viewing the iLok.

Mark
You did download the assets to your assigned iLok, but now they do not show up in your iLok after the download and resyncronization, right? Do you have more that iLok? If so Check that one. If not, I would make a case with PACE/iLok to have them check to see what happened. If it's something that their system did wrong, they will not charge the $25.00 fee.
1- HDX
1 - Apogee Symphony Mk2 8x8
1 - HD 16x16 Interface
MOTU MTP/AV
------------------------------
Second System
Mac Pro 2013 3.5GHz 6-core Xeon E5-1650v2
32GB RAM
1 - HDX
1 - Avid Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Chassis
1 - HD 8X8 Interface

MARVINBASS Digital Audio, LLC
Ex PT Beta Tester
Woodland Hills, CA.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
If it's something that their system did wrong, they will not charge the $25.00 fee.
That "fee" was removed months ago, tech support is an email away, log into your account and submit an incident report.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:49 PM

Quote:

Mark
You should have 3 licenses on your iLok for those 2 products, for Smack, you will have 1 Smack License and 1 Smack LE license, for Eventide you will have 1 Factory license, If you don't see all 3 on your iLok at iLok.com after synchronising somethign is wrong. If you lost the license during download you would have gotten an error message during the download. Go into your history on iLok.com and look at when you downloaded the licenses to your iLok. Contact pace tech support by submitting on incident report and giving them time and date of when you lost the assets.