Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2022, 11:18 AM

Default Artist Mix not working despite being seen as connected in EuControl

Hi - I cannot get my Artist Mix to work with either MackieContorl MIDI or Eucon despite it being recognized as connected by the EuControl surfaces tab.

I have tried installing:
EuControl 21.10.1 and upgrading the firmware to the corresponding version.
EuControl 3.6.1 and downgrading the firmware to the corresponding version.

When 3.6.1 is installed, EuControl recognized the Artist Mix as connected, but the OLED screen is blank. When booting Logic Pro X 10.4.4, the Artist Mix does not respond. Channel Strip View Mode is in "Arrange" mode.

When 21.10.1 is installed, EuControl recognizes the Artist Mix as connected, but the OLED screen features empty rectangles above each channel strip. When booting Logic Pro X 10.4.4, the Artist Mix does not respond. Channel Strip View Mode is in "Arrange" mode.

I have booted the Artist Mix into the hardware test mode and confirmed there is no hardware issues.

I am completely stumped and the only thing I can try next is to upgrade my OS to the newest version of Big Sur, but my build is stable so I'd rather not mess with it.

Any help is appreciated - thank you.
Old 04-23-2022, 12:39 PM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Mix not working despite being seen as connected in EuControl

I'm 99.9% sure this is the version of Big Sur you are on. Please update it to a later version. (later than 11.4)
Old 04-23-2022, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Artist Mix not working despite being seen as connected in EuControl

Hey Eddie,

I updated to MacOS 12.3.1 and I'm incredibly pleased to report that both MIDI and Eucon are working as expected in Ableton and Logic Pro.

Running EuControl 21.10.1.

Thanks for your help!