Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2014, 07:12 AM

Default Smack & Hybrid not working after OS update!

Greets,

I recently upgraded my OSX from 10.6.8 to 10.7.5 running Pro Tools 10.3.8 and have run into some problems. My previously purchased versions of Smack! and Hybrid, which i received with the MPTK i purchased back in '07, are no longer being recognized by the license on my iLok. They worked fine on all OS upgrades i've done starting with 10.4 up to 10.6.8. Once i installed 10.7.5 i now get the prompt when PT is launching saying i don't own a license for them, which i do as it was part of the MPTK. They were working fine on PT 10.3.3 running OSX 10.6.8, but once i upgraded to 10.3.8 on OSX 10.7.5 they no longer worked. So, my guess was that those versions were no longer compatible to which i installed the latest versions of both, with Hybrid now being 1.6 and still, neither works.

At this point i'm not sure what else the issue could be and i tried looking for more specific compatibilty info but couldn't really comes across any, as i still think that's what the issue is.

If anyone has any idea what the problem may be or can point me in the right direction i would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by KingAce; 02-05-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Smack & Hybrid not working after OS update!

PT 10.3.8 : Hybrid 1.6 and Smack 9.02 both working here under both Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8. Have you trashed prefs and databases?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:12 AM

No, i haven't tried trashing prefs. But when i launch PT it's saying i need to authorize them. The license for them on my iLok isn't even recognized.

Which version of PT are you running and when did you purchase the license for both? I've had my license since much earlier versions of both plugs. I bought them in '07. Not sure if that even matters or not, just throwing that out there.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:09 AM

The prefs thing is always worth a shot as a first step of troubleshooting. Remember to clear trash, reboot.

Another possibility is updating ilok drivers and a sync / repair via the ilok license manager

I am running PT10.3.8 under ML but they also worked fine with PT 10.3.2 under Lion.

My licenses are also from MPTK v1 purchased purchased way back.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Admin Emeritus

For Smack!, just remove plug-ins named either Smack! or Smack! LE from your RTAS/TDM (.dpm) plug-ins folder. The Smack! AAX version works in Pro Tools 10 and 11:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340211

What probably happened is you have the full TDM Smack! version installed, and you own the Smack! LE license.

For Hybrid, you said you installed Hybrid 1.6. Does your license on your iLok account say Hybrid 1.x, or just Hybrid? You may have installed a newer version than your license will authorize.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:24 AM

@PhilOgedn

I will try to trash the prefs and i have updated and synced the iLok via the manager. But i certainly will try the prefs option too.

@Admin

I do believe you're right in regards to Smack's version. I did see PT trying to load the TDM version along with another version. The other version may have been the .dpm. I'll try to delete those and see what happens.

And as far as Hybrid, yes, the current version i have installed is 1.6. Though that was not the version i originally had installed, but after upgrading my version of PT and OSX and it still not working, i upgraded from the version i had to 1.6 thinking the previous version i had installed was no longer compatible.

Is there anyway i can download and install an earlier version?
Old 02-05-2014, 01:13 PM

When you say "upgraded" to Hybrid 1.6, are you sure you mean upgraded? Because the upgrade to 1.6 from any previous version of Hybrid was a paid upgrade, and I don't think its been available for a while. You may still have the Ilok license for 1.5, but installed 1.6, which would explain the problem.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:21 PM

Well that makes more sense, and kind of what i thought was the issue. Is there any way i can get a download of 1.5, or am i now stuck with 1.6 and above?

By the way, 1.6 was the only available version for download in my account. So i downloaded it, installed and that's when my problems began. With that particular plug at least.