Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2021, 06:03 AM

Default Exporting Album

I have a 30min recording that I want to export into 6 separate tracks with no gaps between in playback for release on/via Avidplay,,, can I do this within protools or do I have to use something like studio one?
Thanx
Old 11-03-2021, 06:32 AM

Default Exporting Album

Split the file into clips where you want the seperate tracks to appear. Then in the clip list, select export clips as files. This will render them as seperate audio files to wherever you choose to save them.

Couple of things though. Any processing you have inserted will NOT get rendered. If you have plugins on the track, you’ll need to bounce to disk each clip.

Another thing to be aware of, if you’re converting to a lossy medium like MP3, the files will not be gapless and you will hear a very small pause/hiccup as it goes from one track to the other. This won’t happen on WAV files, but it will with MP3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2021, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Exporting Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Any processing you have inserted will NOT get rendered. If you have plugins on the track, you’ll need to bounce to disk each clip.
Or else Commit the track, then split and export the regions of the committed track. Zoom in as close as possible on the region boundaries to ensure that they happen at zero-crossing points. This is one reason I prefer to do this task in iZotope RX, even though PT is capable of it. RX can snap to zero-crossing boundaries making it quicker to select regions that won't inadvertently create a click at the beginning or end of individual tracks.

And Sardi is correct about mp3s. There's no way to avoid forty-some millisecond gaps. It's an inevitable consequence of the windowing method in the 30-year old design of that obsolete format. I have no idea what formats Avid Play allows. But avoid mp3 if at all possible.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB