Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 07-27-2015, 10:30 AM

Default Stereo HD Native Low Latency monitor paths are a no go with active surround paths?

Why are stereo HD Native Low Latency monitor paths a no go with active surround paths?
It's a problem for those of us in post, i'm rarely ever not working in surround. Not being able to assign a stereo low latency patch while working in surround is a PITA.
I can somewhat understand not allowing a surround path to be the low Latency monitor, but what about having a active surround path inhibits the use of a dedicated stereo low latency monitor?
Old 07-27-2015, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Stereo HD Native Low Latency monitor paths are a no go with active surround paths

Yes, this is quite annoying.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 07-27-2015, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Stereo HD Native Low Latency monitor paths are a no go with active surround paths

This bug has been introduced in 11. In 10 this is working fine. It's been reported, it's known, they just don't give a flying fish.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 07-27-2015, 06:07 PM

This may not technically be "a bug" as I believe it was introduced on purpose. The feeling at AVID is that post production should be the last stronghold for HDX vs native. When they found out that people in post were also using native now, they needed to throw some gunk in the works. They figure if anyone has a surround path in the mix they must be doing post work and shouldn't be using a native rig so therefor they decided to disable the LLM so you can't even track a VO. The idea is that you will get so frustrated you will decide to get an HDX card after all.