Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Avid please help pthd11 & heat

Quote:
i have the ilok license for Heat installed on a 1st generation Ilok , (which worked fine for PT10) might that be the reason for Heat Absence from My HD11 ?
does Heat for PT11 Require the license to be on ilok 2?????
I'll check with Engineering, but since the HEAT feature is embedded in the Pro Tools 11 application, and that application requires the iLok 2, I would guess it is possible that wrapped inside that application might require the iLok 2.

It's not a plug-in per se, and in Pro Tools 11 is not in the AAX plug-ins folder, so it very well could require access to the application for authorization.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:04 AM

Ok

Thanks guys for your help , Bruce - let me know if you have any info about that.... cause if it is the case - I am F#%^!~.....
I bought heat 2 years ago on ebay and got an ilok with out the ability to move license.....ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh
Avid Omni HD
MacPro 2.4 Xeon 8 core 24Giga
UAD-2 And most of the UAD plugins
All AAX DSP and Native Plugins (all most)
Tons of Hardware...:)
Old 09-02-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
I'll check with Engineering, but since the HEAT feature is embedded in the Pro Tools 11 application, and that application requires the iLok 2, I would guess it is possible that wrapped inside that application might require the iLok 2.

It's not a plug-in per se, and in Pro Tools 11 is not in the AAX plug-ins folder, so it very well could require access to the application for authorization.
Interesting. I hadn't thought of it that way and figured the HEAT asset was treated as any other plugin asset. It will be interesting to see what engineering says.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-02-2013, 06:11 PM

I know this is OT, but for Machine Control license to work with Protools 11HD, the license must be in the same iLok as the 11 HD.

I was testing the 11 HD software with our workflow and I've found this issue.

Hope it help even if is OT.

Regards,

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 09-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post
I know this is OT, but for Machine Control license to work with Protools 11HD, the license must be in the same iLok as the 11 HD.

Regards,
Not off topic at all, that's a telling clue if the Machine Control component is also embedded in the Pro Tools 11 Mac application. If that is true, then it could be the same for Heat.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post

Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Not off topic at all, that's a telling clue if the Machine Control component is also embedded in the Pro Tools 11 Mac application. If that is true, then it could be the same for Heat.
I agree its relevant and it would be nice to know if there are any other asset requirements like this.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilulilu888 View Post
i have the ilok license for Heat installed on a 1st generation Ilok , (which worked fine for PT10) might that be the reason for Heat Absence from My HD11 ?
does Heat for PT11 Require the license to be on ilok 2?????

i sure hope not....cause....well....i bought heat on Ebay

cause other then that i have no clue....cause everything is suppose to be in order
I asked Engineering and was told the following:
If you are using Pro Tools HD 11, the authorization for HEAT has to be on an iLok 2. That is because HEAT is part of the Pro Tools 11 application, which requires an iLok 2.

If used with earlier versions of Pro Tools HD (v8.1 through 10.x), the HEAT authorization can be on an iLok 1.

We will be adding that info to the Avid website and Knowledge Base. Plus any additional information, since I had a few more questions that I'm getting answers on. I'll update this thread with that info as well.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 PM

wow....this is really not cool.....

if i would have known that - prior to my purchase of PT11 it would have been a deal breaker.....this are the things which i really dislike about avid...i shouldn't care about technical details that much......all i know is i spent a s**t load of money this year On Avid for the all HDX Upgrade , and although HDX comes to full potential only under PT11 - this was not a free upgrade for HDX owners.... , not only - i had to replace my perfectly good Mac pro cause it was 3.1 and not 4.1/5.1 , not only they told us that we need to buy a new I/O Box cause they are not supporting the old boxes with 64 Bit....not only the fact that even avid have not ported their entire Plugins to AAX 64bit.....now i can't use my Completely Legal Licence of HEAT which is Essential to my workflow....cause i bought a used one on Ilok 1?????????? this is really disappointing AVID......Really Really frustrating and disappointing
Avid Omni HD
MacPro 2.4 Xeon 8 core 24Giga
UAD-2 And most of the UAD plugins
All AAX DSP and Native Plugins (all most)
Tons of Hardware...:)
Old 09-04-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilulilu888 View Post
wow....this is really not cool.....

if i would have known that - prior to my purchase of PT11 it would have been a deal breaker.....this are the things which i really dislike about avid...i shouldn't care about technical details that much......all i know is i spent a s**t load of money this year On Avid for the all HDX Upgrade , and although HDX comes to full potential only under PT11 - this was not a free upgrade for HDX owners.... , not only - i had to replace my perfectly good Mac pro cause it was 3.1 and not 4.1/5.1 , not only they told us that we need to buy a new I/O Box cause they are not supporting the old boxes with 64 Bit....not only the fact that even avid have not ported their entire Plugins to AAX 64bit.....now i can't use my Completely Legal Licence of HEAT which is Essential to my workflow....cause i bought a used one on Ilok 1?????????? this is really disappointing AVID......Really Really frustrating and disappointing
You seem sure that you transfer of Heat was legal? My reading of the EULA is much less clear, basically it tries to incorporate the Transfer of Ownership form as a part of the agreement, and that form states....

"Pro Tools HD software registration is non-transferable. Avid does not transfer registered ownership of the software to a new owner. In addition, some Pro Tools HD software licenses are not transferrable electronically between accounts using the iLok license Manager."

...but that raises the question of whether a Heat license is considered one of "some Pro Tools HD software licenses" or not (its ambiguous at best). And...

"Plug-In and Optional Software registration is non-transferable. Avid does not transfer product registration for previously owned plug-ins or other optional software from the original owner to another owner. Transfer of eligible iLok authorizations by buyers and sellers can be done using iLok license Manager. Transfer of iLok licenses are between the individual parties and are in no way associated with Avid. Avid will only register and support software purchased by the original owner, and only when purchased as new from an Authorized Avid Dealer."

So can iLok HEAT assets be transferred via iLok.com, if not you might have little to argue. If it can be, then you made a mistake buying a physical iLok1.

So basically my read of that is if wants you to transfer stuff you must do so by iLok.com. You have no other rights to do so in any other way. if Avid blocks certain things from being transferred by iLok.com, they can, at least apparently that is what the EULA and asset transfer agreement try to say.

This EULA is a mess in several ways, has no versioning of the transfer document that is being incorporated, is ambiguous if the intent is the "when purchased/licensed" or "currently in effect" transfer program documentation. And just shoving key parts off to this peripheral document is bad form. And the potential arbitrariness of Avid blocking transfers on iLok.com at some time in the future is pretty hostile to customers. I've written/driven enough software EULAs in the past, if somebody came with to me I'd kick them out on their ass. I dislike slippery/unclear EULAS and I'd love to see this one improved by Avid, or challenged in court.

Oh and I'm curious what would happen if your iLok developed an intermittent/non-reproducible fault and you sent it into Pace for replacement. Would it come back to you on an iLok2?
Old 09-04-2013, 01:57 AM

Try to call/email the person that sold you the HEAT license and manage him to transfer the license to your account. Is the best solution you can have right now.

Why did the seller didn't transfer the license to your ilok account?

I only see two reasons, was a stolen iLok or the ilok account is not from him (its still stolen)

HEAT can be freely transfers from ilok account to another. You just have the Paypal fees $25.

Don't blame Avid on this.

Regards,

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro