Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 02:12 PM

Default NeoAccess Error....

Ok,
So after i figured out how to get the command 8 to work with my HD3 system,
NOW i can't save sessions!

every time i try to save, a red stop sign and a hand pops up and says
"cannot save session because
NeoAccess Error...."

What...the....hell....is a neoaccess error?

i have NEVER encountered any problems with my hd system until i got this POS command 8.
has anybody experienced this? Can anyone help?

i have some clients here and well,
let's just say they're as unhappy as i am.
at least their eyes are red
Old 02-15-2006, 07:25 PM

Default Re: NeoAccess Error....

Not sure if it helps, but check this link out, http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Number=672098
i just did a search, seems there is some information about this available. Good luck.

Excerpt from link above: "Pro Tools 6.x throws "NeoAccess Error" while attempting to Open, Save, or Create New Session.

This error may be indicative of a corrupted Pro Tools database file. To correct the problem, locate the Digidesign Databases folders on the root level of each volume and remove or rename the volume.ddb file (for example “old volume.ddb”). Also remove or rename the Database files located in /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Database/."
Old 03-30-2006, 10:52 PM

Hi, I"m using the 001 digidesing with pro tools but rigth now when I want to record always appears the red hand with the legend Of the neoAccess error and I cannot record. Everything was working perfect not today. I already cleaned the Database folders but It continues doing the same. I need somebody to help me. If somebody knows how fix my sistem please let me know. Than you. Help me pleaseeeeeeee.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:52 PM

Hi, I"m using the 001 digidesing with pro tools but rigth now when I want to record always appears the red hand with the legend Of the neoAccess error and I cannot record. Everything was working perfect not today. I already cleaned the Database folders but It continues doing the same. I need somebody to help me. If somebody knows how fix my sistem please let me know. Than you. Help me pleaseeeeeeee.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:49 PM

Delete your digidesign databases off all your drives. This is almost certainly the problem with this error. This includes on system volume going to LIBRARY>APPLICATION SUPPORT>DIGIDESIGN>DATABASES>VOLUMES.... then delete all the funky-ass named files in here.

btw you can't delete any of this with ProTools running.

So delete all of these, and trash the Digidesign Database folders off every other drive.

This will probably fix the problem