Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 08-20-2020, 02:56 PM

Default Avid Control Soft Keys and Pro Tools Dock Settings for Logic Pro X

(V2.0 REORGANIZED 15.03.2023) Hello. I made settings for Avid Control's Soft Keys and Pro Tools Dock for Logic Pro X and decided to share it. Here are the links to the archive to download from Dropbox and Google Drive. There are settings files and instructions in Read Me text file. Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fr31sh2m3...tions.zip?dl=0 Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ujw...ew?usp=sharing <Привет. Я сделал настройки Soft Keys для Avid Control и Pro Tools Dock для Logic Pro X и решил поделиться ими. Вот ссылки на архив для загрузки из Dropbox и Google Drive. Там файлы настроек и инструкция в текстовом файле "Инструкция".

Last edited by worldareaecho; 03-15-2023 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Made some tweeks.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Avid Control Soft Keys and Pro Tools Dock Settings for Logic Pro X

Cool - thanks for sharing - few questions:

1. How did you decide on how to sort the soft keys?

2. Noted you set up soft keys for iPad Pro - will it display ok for standard iPad size

3. Did you do anything specific for Logic for the Dock Wheel functions?
Old 08-21-2020, 01:57 AM

1. I divided all Logic's key commands into logical categories (naturally in my opinion) and tried to arrange them in such a way as to have quick access to commands related to a specific task, i.e all key commands are at certain hierarchical levels. The highest common level is the home page from which you have access to all levels of Logic key commands. The next level is the main window and the entire first row on the home page related to common commands when working in a project. The second row on the home page refers to local editors. There are two more leftmost buttons on the control surface buttons for local editors. The third row and below, including the control surface buttons, are special commands for different tasks. When you enter the level of the main window or local editors or other sections, the first row of buttons is navigation through this level and exit to the level of the home page, main window or other local editors. In general, I tried to organize the navigation by categories as logically and quickly as possible.

2. On other tablets, everything will also work, but it will look smaller.

3. For the dock wheel I made the settings for how many Logic allows to do this. Forward rewind, zoom, cycle locators, punch-in punch-out locators, move and change the length of regions. How to find out all these settings I wrote in a text file Read Me.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:37 PM

Thanks for explanation - looks like you put a lot of thought/work into to it.

I was also thinking if it would be useful to see how Avid set up the default soft keys for Pro Tools and map that into the Logic soft key pages/categories/button.

Also thought it might useful to see how Apple sets up Logic Remote again for the soft key pages/categories/buttons and map that into AC/Dock.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:08 AM

Thank you for your mark. Yes, I did a little work. It took about six months (the whole quarantine was doing this :) And Avid is not profitable to make advanced settings for Logic, it is beneficial for them that everyone switches to Pro Tools, but for Logic there is a poor set of settings. And Apple in Logic Remote generally has a very low level of customization, at the domestic amateur level.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:25 AM

I will download and give it a try - thanks again for sharing.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:12 PM

I have tweaked the settings and added instructions several times since I posted it all. So if you downloaded for a long time, you can download now with the changes.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:14 AM

I downloaded your icons and softkeys - can see all the work you have done - over 80 pages of softkeys!

I did notice that the icons and labels are going outside of the boundaries of the soft keys. I have the standard current iPad (9.7 inch).

I attached picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg soft keys.jpg (75.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-25-2020, 10:49 AM

Yes, I tried to place all Logic key commands, there are several thousand of them. As far as I can see from the picture, the icons look normal, and the text goes over the edges. I thought it would decrease proportionally on tablets with a smaller diagonal, but it is displayed the same way on any diagonal. It is necessary to reduce the font size of the labels for a certain tablet diagonal. They could have been made in 12 sizes as the default, but this is too small a font, not convenient. I chose 21 for the big buttons and 15 for the small ones.

Last edited by worldareaecho; 08-26-2020 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:48 PM

I updated the settings, added something, fixed something.