Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2022, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Does the Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control do anything?

Might be old news but the Monitor Control Room knob works on the Artist Mix
Im running Eucon 4.8.3.29.
Make a master fader, right click, click Eucon Monitor (at the bottom).
Cheers
Old 12-18-2023, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Does the Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control do anything?

Just picked up a used Artist Control & Omni, to upgrade my home/office setup.

First thing I assumed would work of course, was the 'Monitor Control Room' knob on the Artist Control, controlling the 'Monitor Control Room' function/knob on the Omni.

Does this really not work? Or am I using it wrong & need to rtfm more?

cheers

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 12-18-2023, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
Just picked up a used Artist Control & Omni, to upgrade my home/office setup.

First thing I assumed would work of course, was the 'Monitor Control Room' knob on the Artist Control, controlling the 'Monitor Control Room' function/knob on the Omni.

Does this really not work? Or am I using it wrong & need to rtfm more?

cheers
No. And never will. The Omni does not support Eucon so can't be controlled.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Wood View Post
Might be old news but the Monitor Control Room knob works on the Artist Mix
Im running Eucon 4.8.3.29.
Make a master fader, right click, click Eucon Monitor (at the bottom).
Cheers
Any kind of hack to stop the master fader going *above* 0db, when it keep turning it to the right?

It would essentially work as intended (In Pro Tools anyway), if I can achieve that.

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

Old 01-29-2024, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
Any kind of hack to stop the master fader going *above* 0db, when it keep turning it to the right?

It would essentially work as intended (In Pro Tools anyway), if I can achieve that.
Ok, I'm talking to myself now on this point (it comes to us all with old age), but is this a solution?

As I can't stop the Master fader from going to +12 when I turn the Artist Control Monitor knob fully clockwise, I've just put a trim plugin on the Master fader, & set it to -12db (-12.5 to be safe).

This basically seems to work, & I now have a functioning volume knob, that essentially hard-stops at '0 db'

Have I just found a workaround? or is there something horrible happening with floating-point vs fixed-point maths on outputs, that I don't understand?