Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 04-23-2022, 07:29 AM

Default Anyone use BC MB7-2 and catalina with VI

We had our 2,54 version working great until update to Catalina (my homestudio) on mac pro 7.1. Then it didn’t work on that mac so I updated to version 3.something and still it doesn’t work

I need that for Lie VI for Expressive E Touch but Bluecat doesn’t do anything.

I load a VI in the box where it says plugin and then rec enable a VI track as we always done but nothing happens. Tried both those versions and same result. Do I have to do something more in Catalina as I had Mojave before with 2.54 and worked perfectly. Is there a setting or something i need for the MB7-II in Catalina or in protools!?

Expressive E pedal and Lie works great in Live 11 but as they don’t have AAX i thought my MB-7 II would still work.

I ask if anyone with Catalina and Bluecat MB7-II can let me know if you can use it as a host, either 2.54 or 3.0 and up please.

I know they have their other host from Bluecat but i just paid for this update and still no bueno so i don’t wanna buy another POS from BC if they just stopped offering this feature without telling us on MB7-II.

This is on Mac and Catalina 10.15.7. There is no use to try any other combo as this is the combo I have at home. Mac 7.1 28 core with PT ultimate 2021.10.

Many Thanks in advance

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-24-2022, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Anyone use BC MB7-2 and catalina with VI

Nobody

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-24-2022, 03:10 AM

not sure if related but i had a previous problem Bluecat not working suddenly and it was something to do with making sure the channel you are using it on has an active audio input, the other thing i remember was maybe dynamic plugin processing didn't work with one version of blue cat
Old 04-24-2022, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimmons View Post
not sure if related but i had a previous problem Bluecat not working suddenly and it was something to do with making sure the channel you are using it on has an active audio input, the other thing i remember was maybe dynamic plugin processing didn't work with one version of blue cat
Thanks Will check that out today!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-26-2022, 01:25 PM

MB7-II V3 is at revision 3.42. It's now a single installer for the plugin on Macs for this and some of their other plugins. Unless you need the multiband capability I'd grab Patchwork which has both a regular plugin host version and one tweaked for vi's.

edit for additional:
I just tried in PT 2021.6 on OSX 101.3.6 with MB7-II V3.42 using an instrument track and the Arturia Farfisa. No response to incoming MIDI. When I swapped out MB7-II for Patchwork Synth and the Farfisa on the instrument track the Farfisa responded perfectly. No record enable needed, nothing.

QAPLA!
Old 04-27-2022, 03:16 AM

I can get it to work on Mojave , 2022.4 bluecat mixer 3.33

create new inst track, insert blue cat mixer, route midi on channel to the bluecat as not automatically done.

1 band mixer, insert Audio unit synth - i used diva
rec arm track - no audio as you describe when playing

but now with the audio input on that track which defaults to no input, select 1+2 or any , and it now works

turning back to no input and it still works, don’t know why but suspect it’s something to do with the Dynamic plugin processing. If i have that option off and create the above i don’t need to do the audio input assignment
Old 04-27-2022, 04:36 AM

Quote:
I can get it to work on Mojave , 2022.4 bluecat mixer 3.33

create new inst track, insert blue cat mixer, route midi on channel to the bluecat as not automatically done.

1 band mixer, insert Audio unit synth - i used diva
rec arm track - no audio as you describe when playing

but now with the audio input on that track which defaults to no input, select 1+2 or any , and it now works

turning back to no input and it still works, don’t know why but suspect it’s something to do with the Dynamic plugin processing. If i have that option off and create the above i don’t need to do the audio input assignment
Are you sure about changing the audio input? Just tried it in High Sierra and I didn't have to do anything to the audio. All I had to do was to have Instruments in view and reroute the incoming MIDI. Didn't have to mess with the audio input. Maybe Mojave is different.

I'd still use Patchwork Synth instead if you don't need multiband.

QAPLA!
Old 04-27-2022, 04:42 AM

yes unless dynamic processing is off on my system I have to do the audio input setting or the listed setup doesn't work. I actually had this problem with my template which has a Bluecat Patchwork with a number of audio unit plugins generating various clocks and timecode for my hardware, when I open a session all my analogue gear etc is synced up.

but after one update , whether OS , or PT or Bluecat it stopped working and I was scratching my head until I set the audio input and it worked as it used to.

EDIT: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/ti...ynth-or-effect. this might be what the original poster is coming across "instruments will not produce any sound if PatchWork is fed with silence"
Old 04-27-2022, 05:14 AM

Quote:
yes unless dynamic processing is off on my system I have to do the audio input setting or the listed setup doesn't work. I actually had this problem with my template which has a Bluecat Patchwork with a number of audio unit plugins generating various clocks and timecode for my hardware, when I open a session all my analogue gear etc is synced up.

but after one update , whether OS , or PT or Bluecat it stopped working and I was scratching my head until I set the audio input and it worked as it used to.

EDIT: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/ti...ynth-or-effect. this might be what the original poster is coming across "instruments will not produce any sound if PatchWork is fed with silence"
I have dynamic processing turned on. Christopher's problem is using MB7-II. Try what I did and make sure that incoming MIDI is routed to the plugin by way of Instruments view. You may find that you don't have to mess with the audio portion.

QAPLA!