Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-1999, 09:52 AM

Default Bad SCII install disks

I just got new disks from Digidesign for my used SCII. Everytime I try to install the software I get a message saying that I allready have the files needed for the hardware config. I've got. I've tried installing it on 3 other drives that do not have any Digidesign softwate on it and get the same message.
I tried the custom install option, but their is nothing to select in that window.
I'm pretty damn pissed off about this considering the trouble I've gone thru and the money I've paid to register this and buy some pretty expensive manuals.
Anyone with a suggestion or the willingness to email my the software would have my deepest thanks.
[email protected]

------------------
Billy Hume
The Zone
[email protected]
Old 08-29-1999, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Bad SCII install disks

What kind of computer do you have? This sounds like the message I've seen when trying to install the free Pro Tools 3.2 software we gave out last year on a new G3.
You should of course call tech support right away, as you are entitled to it.
In the meantime, here are a couple of things to try if you haven't already. Try re-starting your mac with the shift key held down, disabling extensions, then try running the installer. (If the software is on a CD you would need to go to extensions manager and make a copy of All Off and add the CD extensions)
I don't have a copy of the software here at home, so I don't know if the pieces are separate or all in one installer.
In any case, make a new folder on the desktop (Command N) with the exact same name as each disk, and drag the contents of each disk into each folder. Then run the installer.
If that still doesn't do the trick, and the software pieces are separate, drag the pieces into their destinations on your hard drive. (I'm not in tech support and don't have a SampleCell, so if you don't call Tech Support, ask in the SampleCell forum here if another user can tell you what goes where)

It doesn't sound from the error that you are getting that the disks are bad, but an installation problem with your system. If it is a supported CPU, we should be able to get it going. As I said, I don't think it's the disks, but if it is we will overnight you replacements if Tech Support cannot get it to install for you.
I'm sorry you're experiencing this annoying and frustrating problem, but please let us give you the support that you have paid for and are entitled to. It sounds like you received this on the weekend when we were not open, but the phones will be on at 8am Monday morning.

------------------
Bruce Paine
Technical eMarketing