Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2020, 02:05 AM

Default Anyone here use Strike 2?

I'm trying to do a simple drag and drop audio export and it's not working. From a video tutorial series I watched from Groove3 it seems like you should be able to just record audio in the Record Export area of the plugin, and literally drag that wav file onto an existing audio track, or it'll create a new audio track if you drag it to an empty space in the editing window. Thing is it's coming in really slow. My tempo is set to 97, the "suggested tempo" of the pattern I'm using is 130, listening to it while the other track play is fine, but when I pull that audio into the session now it's playing at maybe 50 bpm and cuts off at a seemingly random point.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm just trying to put together a scratch drum track to send my drummer and this shouldn't be so difficult.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Anyone here use Strike 2?

I always recorded straight out to audio tracks in real-time when I used that. If I changed anything at all, I re-tracked the whole thing. Phase issues galore if I didn't.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Anyone here use Strike 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
I always recorded straight out to audio tracks in real-time when I used that. If I changed anything at all, I re-tracked the whole thing. Phase issues galore if I didn't.
Do you send all the individual parts to separate tracks, or do you bounce everything to one stereo track? I've only seen examples of how to do the former. I'm a Pro Tools novice, so any advice would be appreciated.