Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 03-28-2023, 04:48 PM

Default Avid Cloud Projects

I thought Id try the Avid Cloud.

I created a few projects a while months ago and thought I'd try opening them. They won't open I tried clearing the local cache they still won't download and open.

Before I dig into troubleshooting, I am curious if anyone is using it and it works reliably for them? If its a crappy implementation that is the same for a lot of others Ill just abandon it.

Let me know what your experience has been.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Avid Cloud Projects

I have quite a few projects stored in the Avid cloud and have no issues with them. I’m not sure which version of PT you are on, but some of the earlier versions did have some issues.
You also need to be sure everything syncs before exiting PT. The best tool for this is the PT task window, which will show you if there are any up/downloads in progress.

System Details
Old 03-28-2023, 05:06 PM

Sorry you are having trouble. We were working on a Project this morning and the only problem was on my system... I had done a clean OS install and had not yet restored the Project Locations file described here (and I would recommend backing up your Project Cache and Project Locations based on that KB). Any changes on your system between the time you created your Projects and now?
Old 03-29-2023, 05:15 AM

@junkgear - you make a good point to success. Realizing that the cloud synchronization is a running within the ProTools app and needs to complete before closing could very well be one of my problems.

@jeffro - understanding the folder structure will definitely help. And I do have my documents and project folders mapped to OneDrive for cloud backup. And I recently had to rebuild my OS. So if the local files is deleted and you attempt to download the project from the cloud, does a new local Project file get built?

I am guessing I am dealing with a combination of the not letting the project complete loading and then my local project folders being missing and not able to be download the complete project due to not closing PT out correctly.

With this info Ill try some more - Ill report back in a week or so.

Thanks!!!!