Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 08-07-2017, 09:42 PM

Default Mbox Pro Driver won't install on Sierra

My Mbox 2 stopped working with Sierra(skipped El Capitan), so I decided to get the Pro 3. Now, that's not working as well. Are we just supposed to lay down, and not say anything? If you're working on a fix, you should let us know. If there's no way to fix it, you should also let us know. If we are not a priority, or you're dropping support, then say so. Then we can make an informed decision as to what we should do next.
It would be really nice to hear from someone.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3rd gen + MacOS Sierra

Thanks for the long 'hold'. The silence is deafening! But, I believe that the silence says a lot too! Finally, you had an Mbox that got some pretty good reviews(been Mboxin' since Focusrite), and you just kick it to the curb? Well, that's not any way to treat those of us who want to believe in your product. A lot of people had problems with Digidesign becoming Avid. I was not one of them. I envisioned a bright future, but I guess I was one of the gullible little customers. Well, I have to say, I wanted to stay 'all' Avid, but now I have no choice but to move on
Wish it wasn't this way. All it took, was just a little hint that you're hearing us, and you were concerned about your lower level customer base as well. We may not have a billion dollar budget, but we spent good money, just to see our investment come to a screeching halt(this includes some of the HD people as well)
Old 08-25-2017, 11:28 AM

Default Mbox 3rd gen + MacOS Sierra

I don't have a problem with my mbox3 on Sierra so I don't exactly know how to help you. Have you tried manually removing everything before reinstalling the latest driver?
This is for the mbox2, but maybe it will help.
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...g-with-my-mac/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 08-26-2017, 07:43 AM

Hey Jimmy, Thanks for the reply. What I did was uninstall the Mbox drivers, and software. Now when I tried to re install the driver, it says installation failed. 1.3.5 is not working on Sierra 10.12.6. It works without problem until this latest update. I never usually sweat the updates, because usually Avid comes up with something compatible. But, it seems that this time, NO. I was reading on the PT Expert page where it was also wondering if Avid has quietly discontinued the MBox3 series. Well, that's all I want to know, so I can stop waiting. I am fortunate to have another slightly slower MacBook Pro 17 that's still on 10.12.5. I will use that for MBox projects. I was just wondering(out loud) for those who may be less fortunate and only have one machine. I got nervous because of the silence. Am I the only one??
Old 08-26-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj-Ike View Post
Hey Jimmy, Thanks for the reply. What I did was uninstall the Mbox drivers, and software. Now when I tried to re install the driver, it says installation failed. 1.3.5 is not working on Sierra 10.12.6. It works without problem until this latest update. I never usually sweat the updates, because usually Avid comes up with something compatible. But, it seems that this time, NO. I was reading on the PT Expert page where it was also wondering if Avid has quietly discontinued the MBox3 series. Well, that's all I want to know, so I can stop waiting. I am fortunate to have another slightly slower MacBook Pro 17 that's still on 10.12.5. I will use that for MBox projects. I was just wondering(out loud) for those who may be less fortunate and only have one machine. I got nervous because of the silence. Am I the only one??
Quietly? The Mbox 3 family has been discontinued.

Final sale End of support
Mbox (third generation) 8/30/2014 8/30/2019
Mbox Mini (third generation) 4/22/2013 4/22/2018
Mbox Pro (third generation) 3/1/2015 3/1/2020

From http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-support-dates

The real question is what limited support will be offered until the final end of support.

You can't just casually upgrade an OS without having a fail back plan, in this case a bootable clone on an external drive made with Carbon Copy Cloner would have you running again as fast as you can say "reboot".
Old 08-27-2017, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Quietly? The Mbox 3 family has been discontinued.

Final sale End of support
Mbox (third generation) 8/30/2014 8/30/2019
Mbox Mini (third generation) 4/22/2013 4/22/2018
Mbox Pro (third generation) 3/1/2015 3/1/2020

From http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-support-dates

The real question is what limited support will be offered until the final end of support.

You can't just casually upgrade an OS without having a fail back plan, in this case a bootable clone on an external drive made with Carbon Copy Cloner would have you running again as fast as you can say "reboot".
Thanks Darryl, I didn't see that, really didn't know about 'end of support'.
I do have a back-up Mac, + a startup disk that I made with 'Get Backup'
Like I said, just wondering if I 'hit the wall' or not. This will be my first time in almost 20 years that I've got nowhere to go. Never thought there would be a time when I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the Apple security patches. Oh well, I guess as they say "everything must come to an end someday". But I've got older 'not as good' audio interfaces, that still work.... That's my head scratcher
Old 09-03-2017, 02:01 AM

Well, back again for another crack at getting support. End of Support for the Mbox Pro 3 is 2020..... That's 3 years from now!! What's happening during those 3+ years? I thought that it should remain 'active' until EOS?? I don't need support to tell me that 'It ain't working'. I need a fix! Come on Avid, 2020 is the date you stated. Live up to that.....
Old 09-28-2017, 08:58 PM

Oh well, I finally gave up and unplugged my Mbox3 Pro today. I was noticing how well built, and solid it is. Seems like it was built to last forever. I guess I'm gonna miss it.
Funny thing is that I took my new temporary interface out of the box, Pro Tools12 recognized it right away, no drivers to install, and I didn't even have to plug it into the wall. It's bus-powered..... Since I'll just be using it mainly for playback, it may not be as 'temporary' as I thought. It was also 1/3 of the price of my used Mbox3. Plug-n-play..... Thank you *****(new company). Now all I have to do is get used to seeing a non Avid name on my substation. Been using Digi products since the 90's. Wonder what's next to go
Old 10-21-2017, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomaseucat View Post
Did youdo something special?? mine is not working....
Mine either. It's back in the box. I do miss some of the 'Pro' features. I guess I have a small legacy collection. I was digging around and came across an MBox Micro
Old 10-21-2017, 04:17 AM

I think if we can figure out how to reinstall the driver, it may work.