Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 07-24-2011, 06:22 PM

Default Problem Installing my 11R Expansion

Hi! I've read a lot of posts and done many searches but i couldn't find if someone has had this problem.

I enter the Serial Number and System Id supplied to me from my purchase of the 11R expansion and the mesage i recieve is as follows:

"SystemId Entered does not match the SystemId on record for this Serial"

I've entered many times correctly, double checked and still get the same message. I use the exact Serial Number and System Id provided to me by Avid after my purchase.

The numbers are same in the confirmation email i recieved as well as the 'your products' section of my avid account.

Has anyone experianced this and how would it be resolved?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Problem Installing my 11R Expansion

I am willing to bet you either entering the wrong serial number (use the Expansion Pack serial number that shows up in your download section of your Avid account) or have misread the System ID--its easy to do and crops up here every now and again.

Read carefully the threads on mistaken serial numbers here. If that fails contact avid support. They are the only people that can help you if you have a real serial number problem.

Darryl
Old 07-24-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I am willing to bet you have misread the serial numbers--its easy to do and crops up here every now and again. Read carefully the threads on mistaken serial numbers here. If that fails contact avid support. They are the only people that can help you if you have a real serial number problem.

Darryl
+1

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 07-25-2011, 05:37 AM

Ok. I'm 100% positive i've entered the serial number and system id correctly. I've Typed and checked, copy and pasted directly from my products section on avid. I've even discovered you can enter the serial number without the dashes every 5 characters and it still recognises it.

HOWEVER
It's still getting the "Serial does not match the system ID on record for this serial number" message.
I read in another post that tech support for regestration/activation issues is free (No ASC purchase required) Australia / New Zealand is handily an option on their store BUT nowhere to be seen on their support page.

Is my only option to call an international phone number to possibly get help?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:01 AM

Hey mate,
I've had the same issue.
Checked numerous times at the details I'm entering and no luck.
Only thing I can think of is that I have reinstalled windows 7/pro tools since the first time I set up my eleven rack, unsure if you have same issue but I have the same problem and trying to see if you've cured the issue.
Cheers mate
-Pez
Old 07-26-2011, 07:37 AM

Im having the exact same problem, it's driving me nuts! Anyone found a solution yet?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:52 AM

If you all are certain you have entered the number correctly, then you need to call Avid to figure out why the number is coming back as wrong.

Also be sure you do not have Internet Explorer 9 installed. If you do, go to Programs and Features in Control Panel, and Uninstall IE9.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-26-2011, 08:59 PM

Well that's going to be fun calling america from Australia lol.
Hopefully the wait times aren't too long.
For the other guys having issues
Have you guys reinstalled windows since originally setting up your eleven rack? Because I've been thinking (more like getting frustrated) trying to work out how a serial that I've paid $100 for isn't working considering I'm copy/pasting it directly from my account page. The only think I can think that would cause the issue is that because I've reinstalled my windows since orignally setting up the eleven rack is that my computer would now have a new computer ID?
If you guys haven't reinstalled windows then I'm stumped, but I'm trying to get as much info as I can before I call them.
I'll try give the buggers a call tomorrow, and hopefully I can come back with an answer for you guys.
Cheers
-Pez
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezshreds View Post
Well that's going to be fun calling america from Australia lol.
Hopefully the wait times aren't too long.
For the other guys having issues
Have you guys reinstalled windows since originally setting up your eleven rack? Because I've been thinking (more like getting frustrated) trying to work out how a serial that I've paid $100 for isn't working considering I'm copy/pasting it directly from my account page. The only think I can think that would cause the issue is that because I've reinstalled my windows since orignally setting up the eleven rack is that my computer would now have a new computer ID?
If you guys haven't reinstalled windows then I'm stumped, but I'm trying to get as much info as I can before I call them.
I'll try give the buggers a call tomorrow, and hopefully I can come back with an answer for you guys.
Cheers
-Pez
I am pretty sure folks in Australia will be talking to Singapore (or Japan?), can't remember exactly where they call now. They should be able to work it out.

And to try to be clear. The firmware (i.e. second step) part of the Expansion Pack works only from one computer. Once you use it there you can only run it again from there. You can only run it to upgrade one Eleven Rack from that one computer. That's all tracked on-line by Avid. If you reinstall the OS it looks like a different computer to the updater's authentication system and it will fail. That is well discussed on this forum and easily found by searching here on the exact error string. But the error string you get there should be somethign like "You have reached the maximum Allowed Activations for the Serial Number" (I think) - at least is should be obviously different than if your are entering invalid registration strings. And if you do have to reinstall the OS or swap out computers, contact (i.e phone) Avid support - they can fix the "new system" problem for you. Hopefully there should be no charge.

And again, a reminder on Windows to uninstall IE9 if its installed before running the Expansion Pack -- That will cause hangs/other problems not invalid serial numbers.

Darryl
Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 PM

Thanks Daryl

The only number I can seem to find is the American number, but the support page is very confusing to navigate, so if you could possibly help out and provide a number to contact that would be amazing.

In regards to installing the new system, I re-installed my OS about 2-3 months ago, but I purchased the add-on yesterday night, so there shouldn't be any change from then for the system ID.
I'm unsure about internet explorer 9, I'll definitely check when I get home to see if it is installed and uninstall if required.
Will give you guys an update when I get home to see if anything has changed.
Thanks Daryl
Cheers Guys
-Pez