Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 12-09-2019, 11:01 AM

Default Re: What brings Dolby Audio Bridge to HDX users?

Be aware though, that mtc gives an offset of about 1/3 of a frame.
LTC (the quite convoluted way of using a timecode track) seems to be totally spot on.

Huub

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2020, 04:49 AM

Hi Huub, yes, I see an offset in my re-renders from the Production Suite. On a 2 hour film this is about 9 frames. I do sync via the IAC internal bus. So I wouldn't have this offset syncing via ch 129 or 130 LTC?
Old 01-03-2020, 05:21 AM

Reaper DAW has a simple LTC/SMPTE generator plugin that you insert on a track and output on any audio out available. I wonder why a simple thing like this cannot be implemented as a AAX plugin in Protools....

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3
Old 01-03-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam at Dolby View Post
Have you tried deleting and re-adding the port in Audio MIDI setup? I've had to do this to get it to work.

Audio MIDI setup, MIDI studio, IAC Driver, IAC Driver Properties, Add and Remove ports, remove with minus, add with plus, should display IAC Bus 1, make sure Device is online is checked, reselect as MTC Generator in Pro Tools, Peripherals, Synchronization, MTC Gen online in transport window.

Should work.
Adam,

What device are you using at the renderer end (mine running on a separate computer) to receive the MTC generated here?

I've tried feeding a recorded audio channel of LTC to the renderer and get it to read it fine, and it will drop into record at the record in setpoint, but it is dropping out of record after about 1 second. Any thought on why that could be?

Thanks,
Old 01-03-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
Reaper DAW has a simple LTC/SMPTE generator plugin that you insert on a track and output on any audio out available. I wonder why a simple thing like this cannot be implemented as a AAX plugin in Protools....
Yes. That was something they copied from Cubendo.

For ProTools, https://source-elements.com/products/source-ltc
Old 01-03-2020, 09:13 AM

Default What brings Dolby Audio Bridge to HDX users?

Using MTC via IAC bus works for me but I am getting variable amounts of offset latency every time re-create a master file. It’s about 3 frames five or take a half frame at 23.976.

I tried disabling re-renders, my ADC in PT is green but even tried getting rid of all plug-ins, etc. Can’t seem to render in sync.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:16 AM

Default What brings Dolby Audio Bridge to HDX users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post

But not sure this works with DAPS, from the thread linked above:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...vertor-plug-in

“While this is promising I think it may not fully work because in this use case we actually need a pipeline from core audio to ProTools and not from ProTools to core audio as I believe the statement quoted above implies. If indeed the Dolby Renderer's input is a core audio driver and specifically the Dolby Audio bridge then this is the incorrect direction for our TC flow that needs to go from the Source-LTC program / core audio to ProTools and not from ProTools to a core audio application. If the Dolby Bridge doesn't work in full duplex or at all in the direction of from core audio to ProTools then the Dolby bridge will not help in this use case. In that case the Source-Nexus Basic/Pro plugin may indeed be required to establish the route form the core audio space to ProTools or in other more specific words LTC audio from Source-LTC to a core audio driver to ProTools to Digilink and then the the final output to the Dolby Renderer via a Digilink output...”
Old 01-03-2020, 12:34 PM

You use the Source Connect LTC app to generate LTC from MTC and then redirect that signal to an aux in Pro Tools via Source Nexus and then send it to the RMU as the Audio Bridge has a reserved LTC audio input.

Why there is a stupid "Pro Tools Expert" thread on this is beyond me. It's written how to use it directly from Source Connect. No magic or guessing to it.

Quote:
With Source-Nexus or hardware routing, the generated LTC can be sent down.
one of the legs of a stereo connection (left or right) to Source-Connect or other stereo/multi-channel connection methods.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post

It doesn´t matter who copied from who. AVID keeps copying from others and vice versa, I don´t give a f...It´s a simple plugin. If you had that, you could feed an external RMU without the need to spend 2 k on an AVID Sync for a simple task of outputing LTC...

Regarding the Source Connect plugin, yes, I´m aware, but apparently is not as simple as that, as the PT Expert thread you´ve mentioned somewhere proves it. Instead of calling it "stupid", maybe you should read it with due attention.

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3
Old 01-03-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
Regarding the Source Connect plugin, yes, I´m aware, but apparently is not as simple as that, as the PT Expert thread you´ve mentioned somewhere proves it. Instead of calling it "stupid", maybe you should read it with due attention.
Didn't realize you were asking the question on PTE. And it was answered there. No more attention needed than that.
For those who have used Nexus before, it is a simple workflow that has been done before. Except now the source is the LTC app.
You can demo most anything from Source Connect. Ask them for one and then try it.