Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2011, 06:50 AM

Default Keyboard Shortcut?

Please tell me there's a keyboard shortcut in PT 8.0.5 (OSX) that creates a new virtual track in a playlist?

I have been trying to find this and can't seem to. It would be awesome if there was a shortcut to create a virtual track. I often use my Mac keyboard wirelessly in my vocal booth when I am working by myself without help in the studio. The shortcut would allow me to not have to keep running back into my control room after each take to use the mouse to create a new virtual track in the vocal-track playlist.

thanks!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Keyboard Shortcut?

Anackman,
In Preferences, in the Operations menu, on the right side under Record, the third item listed should be checked ("Automatically Create New Playlists When Loop Recording"). So, for each take, a new track is created. Just be sure to highlight the length of the take - whether a section at a time, or the entire tune. I hope I'm not telling you something you already know. Then, the keyboard shortcut for Loop Record is Option + L. Hope this helped,
Reg
Old 08-01-2011, 10:34 AM

reg-

that sounds like a good solution. thanks so much. i've always seen that option and never put 2 and 2 together.

thank you.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:59 AM

Good advice above. Then, another option to help you control things would be to add another monitor in the booth. I have a 30' cable with VGA and PS2(I'm on a PC) for a remote keyboard/mouse/display that rides on a little stand and I can roll it to my vocal booth or to my drum kit and run a session. No reason you could not do something similar(just use a screen with the same resolution).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-01-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Good advice above. Then, another option to help you control things would be to add another monitor in the booth. I have a 30' cable with VGA and PS2(I'm on a PC) for a remote keyboard/mouse/display that rides on a little stand and I can roll it to my vocal booth or to my drum kit and run a session. No reason you could not do something similar(just use a screen with the same resolution).
Or if you have an iphone/ipod/ipad there are many remote screen share apps, and control surface apps that let you do whatever you need from a remote location, without wheeling anything around or guessing what's on the screen.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 08-02-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Or if you have an iphone/ipod/ipad there are many remote screen share apps, and control surface apps that let you do whatever you need from a remote location, without wheeling anything around or guessing what's on the screen.
I'd love to know which iPod/iPad apps are best for this on OSX 10.6.8? I know of TeamViewer, but it's pretty choppy. I also heard iDisplay can work, but everyone says it's not compatible with 64-Bit Macs (which almost every one of the new ones is 64).

Any suggestions?