Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2011, 06:14 AM

Default PT 9.0.3 Still Having Grid Issues.

Hello,
I noticed on the previous protools version, grid divisions (In slip mode only it seemed) were set by whatever zoom level you were at. This bothered me a lot. The first time ever the digiupdater app actually did anything, it told me to update, and I get protools 9.0.3 without having to navigate Avid or Digi's website

Anyways... It seems the grid has gone back to normal, and now stays where you set it, in slip, grid, rel grid, spot and whatever zoom level you may be at.

My problem now is, when I want to change the beat divisions to triplets, the grid changes properly, but the 'Bar Beat' divisions at the top of the Edit page remain on set to whatever even note division you have selected. IE Triplet 16th grid displays beat divisions; 1|000 1|120 1|240 1|360. (not triplet timing)

The drummer I'm editing plays fast, and goes between triplets and even beats all the time. The songs are also really long and extremely technical, which makes not having my numbers line up make this troublesome.

Obviously I can still edit, but this is almost as bad as the crazy shifting grid.

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: Sorry just noticed my grid comes back with proper bar beat divisions, but only while using grid tool. Is this how this should really work?

If I pick a grid, triplet or not, and specific divisions, I want it to be displayed like that. ALWAYS. No matter what tool, no matter what zoom level. I edit a lot with the slip tool, and the bar beat divisions decide to not follow the grid for some reason. Should be bar beat divisions not ALWAYS follow what your grid is displaying? I think that would make more sense.

If someone has a reason for the bar beat divisions to be shifting around constantly, and not line up to your grid, please, enlighten me.

Protools 9.0.3
Digi 003+
iMac 2.8 i7 8GB DDR3
Snow Leopard 10.6.7