Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Help Me out!!

I've got the M-Audio Firewire 1814 and M-Powered Pro Tools 7.1.

My microphone is plugged into the front left microphone input. Thus when I record in stereo I only get the left side wav file (and that wav is leveled in Pro Tools).

1. How can you boost the input level AND how do you record into stereo with one mike?

The right mike input doesn't seem to accept signals.

2. (What's wrong?)

What resources exist (other than here) that can explain the recording process in a SIMPLE matter?

Any DVD's available for recording with the M-Audio Equipment and M-Audio Pro Tools?

Thanks for your answers!

Greg
P.S. My email address is [email protected]
Old 04-10-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Help Me out!!

I find it hard to believe that you've been a member of this forum for this long and you are asking these questions. They are extremely basic for someone who has been asking questions here and using Pro Tools in one form or another for 7 years.

1. a. You didn't mention which microphone you are using. It's hard to give you a proper answer without this information, as some microphones require phantom power to function

b. To use a mono source in a stereo field, you would record it on a mono track and use the pan control to place it properly in the stereo field.

2. As mentioned above, it's possible that you need to turn on phantom power.

If you need SIMPLE instructions (and please don't take offense at this) maybe you should try Pro Tools for Dummies.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12