Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2021, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
...I don't think anything has appeared in my iLok account though...
Sorry to keep another saturatist waiting... you should see the HEAT license in your iLok account now.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Found your support case where the CS rep deposited temp licenses for you - that's why it's a diff license type. I manually deposited the licenses and will check in with them to find out status. Please reply to your support case (email or Access The Support Portal in my.avid.com) as needed. Thanks!
Thank you for fixing this, jeffro – ‘tis very much appreciated.

I’d already closed my Case before I noticed the “Rental” version of HEAT.
This and my initial Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle are both deactivated and marked “Expired” in iLok License Manager.

Both licenses you added have since been activated.

I hope the lower-case “sir jeffro the genius!” is appropriately humble. It conveys the same (if not far greater) potency than the upper-case version – and I trust Avid understands why you deserve a substantial pay-rise!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 12-10-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
This was our mistake, sorry about that! You should see the HEAT license in your iLok account now.
Thank you very much Jeffro! Above and beyond as usual!
Old 12-10-2021, 09:15 PM

I created case 04308997 on the 7th of December to have heat added but it's still in Case in Queue status.
Can an Avid person maybe have a look for me as well?

Thanks
UAD Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, UAD Quad Pcie
Apollo Twin Duo,
HDX Card,
2x Avid I/O Analog 16/16,
4x Artist Mix, Avid Dock, PT Control,
2019 Mac Pro 12 core, 48 gig Ram, running Big Sur,
lots of outboard gear
Old 12-10-2021, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomcat View Post
I created case 04308997...
Sorry for the delay. Didn't want this to linger through the weekend so I hijacked your case and sync'd your product - you should be able to activate the license now using iLok License Manager.
Old 12-11-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the delay. Didn't want this to linger through the weekend so I hijacked your case and sync'd your product - you should be able to activate the license now using iLok License Manager.
Thank you so much Jeffro, that will come in very handy today!
UAD Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, UAD Quad Pcie
Apollo Twin Duo,
HDX Card,
2x Avid I/O Analog 16/16,
4x Artist Mix, Avid Dock, PT Control,
2019 Mac Pro 12 core, 48 gig Ram, running Big Sur,
lots of outboard gear
Old 12-16-2021, 08:55 AM

Excited to get my licenses!! I did create a case 04316086

Thanks for the help
Old 12-16-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chdrummer View Post
Excited to get my licenses...
All set!
Old 12-17-2021, 06:42 AM

fyi aftermath. in 2017 I subscribed to the complete bundle as it turned out, as it happens, I found I really didnt use the plugins. I let that subscription lapse and continued paying update/support, because to me even at $99 or $199 a new version of Pro Tools is very much worth it. Fast forward I think alot of the confusion was the new gift for perpetual users getting the complete bundle and HEAT subscription. Previous there was a line item asset that said PT Support Plan and though I was covered till 2023 in Oct 2021 the previous ended and the new assets need to be pushed manually. I now have both assets till 2023. I guess this is how moving forward Avid is keeping track. As there is no asset labeled PT Support Plan.
PT 2022.12 studio, Cubase 12 Pro, 12 Core Mac Pro 6,1 96GB OS X 12.6.6, Mac Mini i7 QC 16GB, Digico Soundgrid DLI, Revive Audio 96IO & 192 DBox & 2BussLT for summing, Waves, SoundToys and a pile of other plugins. NI Maschine/Komplete Ultimate 12 and many many, too many Kontakt Libraries.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmT..._as=subscriber
Old 12-17-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudBassTone View Post
...there is no asset labeled PT Support Plan.
Correct. The Pro Tools Plan and Pro Tools HD Plan licenses were temp licenses which authorized bonus plug-ins while a Software Updates + Support Plan was active. If that plan lapsed you could continue running the versions of PT already provided but the bonus plug-ins would no longer work.