Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2011, 11:32 AM

Default Dubbing

hi, i like your forum.

i would like to know if i need to stop and record and hen stop again and record again for dubbing, or if i can mark several locations and get protools to give me clicks before each recording???

i hope someone will have an answer for it :)

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Dubbing

I'm assuming you're recording VOs, right? What I typically do, if I'm the voice talent, is to record a loud "tongue click" each time I make a mistake. The click shows up as a quick transient in the waveform, marking the beginning of the new take.

If you're doing the recording, you can set markers by pressing the "enter" key on the keyboard. You then have the ability to name the location if you like. If you want to just enter the marker quickly you'll just need to hit the enter key twice during the recording. I hope this helps you out.

http://www.gidakdigital.com
Old 06-01-2011, 10:45 AM

thanks for your answer, but i am not sure i explained myself correctly.

let say i video taped you. now, each time you are speaking on the video, i want to marked it in order to get 2 or for clicks noticed before it's get into record (like pre or post roll) .

instead of stopping each time i was wondering if you can mark several locations, and when the courser gets to each and one of them it stops and give you clicks before it gets in to record.

i hope i explained myself right :)
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM

Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about. Apparently you're using video in PT, right? PT will do a pre-roll count for you, but only at the beginning of the spot you want to record, and it won't stop at multiple places and play the count off - not as far as I know anyway.

The only way I can think of to do this would be to create a separate audio track, and record actual audio clicks at the exact places that correspond to the video track. Does that make sense? Maybe I'm way off base with what you're trying to do, but I'm doing my best to help.

http://www.gidakdigital.com
Old 06-01-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles Bitchly View Post
Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about. Apparently you're using video in PT, right? PT will do a pre-roll count for you, but only at the beginning of the spot you want to record, and it won't stop at multiple places and play the count off - not as far as I know anyway.

The only way I can think of to do this would be to create a separate audio track, and record actual audio clicks at the exact places that correspond to the video track. Does that make sense? Maybe I'm way off base with what you're trying to do, but I'm doing my best to help.
exactly, that's what i meant... thank you very much.