Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2021, 09:13 AM

Default Re: 2021.6 Colours are different

Since we're so customizable, it would be great to have an option for the Track Header color to match the Track Body color.

For the track body on the dark blue square third from the bottom right to be the same color as the bright blue fourth from the top right is very challenging.
OSX 10.3.3
UAD Apollo 8 Duo
UAD Apollo 16 silverface
UAD Satellite Octo, Thunderbolt
PT 2018.10
Work:
Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
2x3.06GHz 6-Core Xeon, 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
OSX 10.13.6
Avid HDX HD Madi x 3
SSL C100
Old 07-13-2021, 01:05 PM

I too am struggling with this issue. If I set the color preferences so that the track header color matches the actual color picked in the color palette with dark colors, than the lighter colors are too dark and vice versa. Makes it more difficult to tell groups of tracks apart especially when using similar colors next to each other.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:31 PM

I guess I don't understand why matching the header and channel color is an issue ? But then I don't deal with that many tracks, and I tend to use Routing folders that are a version (darker or lighter) of same color as the associated tracks in them , to differentiate different groups that are in the same musical categories

So for example below all my guitar tracks are light powder blue their routing folders are a darker blue the VI folder is bright yellow the instrument tracks in that folder are a light green the vocals are magenta etc.
Sorry about the un resized bottom but is more like the color difference and clarity I see on my screen

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 07-13-2021 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
I take it you mean in the body of the track channel strip? Here is a screen shot of one of my Session templates. I notice the top and bottom color bar, is like or close to the color I select in the palette, but the rest of the channel strip is darker Honestly it does not bother me, but it is different.... I am assuming classic mode is not like this ? UPDATE In classic mode the channel strip body color gets lighter Hummm? Still liking the modded Dark mode ..

I'm liking what's going on with the colors in 2021.6 combined with my modded file. Something interesting is if you switch to classic mode and have made no changes except for using my modded file you'll see that the title bar in the edit screen is no longer a stark white but a pale color. Haven't investigated other parts of the classic gui to see any other oddities like this.

BTW if anyone wants my modded file drop me a regular email and I'll send it to you.

QAPLA!
Old 07-14-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I'm liking what's going on with the colors in 2021.6 combined with my modded file. Something interesting is if you switch to classic mode and have made no changes except for using my modded file you'll see that the title bar in the edit screen is no longer a stark white but a pale color. Haven't investigated other parts of the classic gui to see any other oddities like this.

BTW if anyone wants my modded file drop me a regular email and I'll send it to you.
Good point I should have indicated my screen shots are of your modded file with my selections in the new adjustment window . I did not even try the un modded 2021.6 color palette...I'll check out the classic mode Thanks

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 07-21-2021, 10:46 PM

I am definitely annoyed and frustrated by the new inability to match the track headers to the rest of the track and waveforms, and I don't want to get used to it, so could you please fix this!!!
Apogee Rosetta 800 x2
Old 07-21-2021, 11:05 PM

Me too, FWIW

It used to be clear which channels were the darker colours (bottom rows of colour palette) vs top row lighter colors, and now they look barely distinguishable.

it makes colouring for easy grouping and identifying much less useful.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:35 AM

I'm glad that others are experiencing what I'm seeing here.

This is quite unworkable when using lots of tracks, especially when using different shade of the same colour to denote different instruments.

I don't understand how the track headers are the 'correct' colour but the body of the tracks is different.

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24
Old 07-27-2021, 07:23 AM

the entire color palette needs to be customizable now, so that any color including grayscale options can be dialled in. how about a legacy pallette / custom palette preference. keep it simple for those who never get into this stuff, but total control for those who do.

and why are folder track border widths different for the right side than the left ? there's no consistency in this GUI design.
and don't get me started on how the Mix window jumps down when expanding a folder, the single most annoying "feature" they've ever introduced. any more than 2 nested folders and you can't even re-click in the same place to collapse the folder again. simple solution, get rid of the top color strip for folder tracks.

and why are the curved portions of the "dyn" oval indicator all displaying chunky bit-mapped curves, yet the folder icons do not ?

yes, I'm looking forward to 2032.6

Last edited by Tweakhead; 07-27-2021 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:23 AM

+1 for a Legacy Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
the entire color palette needs to be customizable now, so that any color including grayscale options can be dialled in. how about a legacy pallette / custom palette preference. keep it simple for those who never get into this stuff, but total control for those who do.

and why are folder track border widths different for the right side than the left ? there's no consistency in this GUI design.
and don't get me started on how the Mix window jumps down when expanding a folder, the single most annoying "feature" they've ever introduced. any more than 2 nested folders and you can't even re-click in the same place to collapse the folder again. simple solution, get rid of the top color strip for folder tracks.

and why are the curved portions of the "dyn" oval indicator all displaying chunky bit-mapped curves, yet the folder icons do not ?

yes, I'm looking forward to 2032.6

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24