Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 09-13-2003, 10:13 PM

Default PT Free& peripheral inputs

I know I'm dumb but how in short do you get PT Free to recognize inputs from either a usb-midi input or a usb ad/da input I am running on an imac 400mhz and if it is of any consequence I am using an edirol UA-20. Iknow the easy solution is just to upgrade to an mbox, but that will have to wait til x-mas. Thanks, Lance.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:05 AM

Default Re: PT Free& peripheral inputs

The input source must be recognized by the Mac Sound Manager. Check your Sound control panel with the USB unit plugged in--if it shows up on the menu, you can choose it as an input source. If it's not there, you're farked.

MBrane probably knows by heart if those interfaces work with Sound Manager.

yrz,
DB
PT 11
----
Never Stop Playing.
DBCooperVO.com
Old 09-14-2003, 09:16 AM

Default Re: PT Free& peripheral inputs

Quote:
The input source must be recognized by the Mac Sound Manager. Check your Sound control panel with the USB unit plugged in--if it shows up on the menu, you can choose it as an input source. If it's not there, you're farked.

MBrane probably knows by heart if those interfaces work with Sound Manager.

yrz,
DB
LOL! Thanks for the vote of confidence Deirdre.

The only USB device I've tried myself is the Edirol UA-3. Just plug it in & go. You'll need to choose the device as your sound input in the control panel before you launch PTF. If it shows up there, and in ASP under the USB devices list it should work. You may have latency issues though.

Unfortunately the UA-3 had popping, clicking, and random bursts of 0db pink noise on my system with both PTF and iTunes. Probably due to the fact I'm using a Tempo Trio card for USB in my hot-rodded 8600. I'll be sending it back to it's owner though he had similar issues with it on his PC.