Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2003, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Massive Pack

'Cos they're trying to get you over to HD. It's an exercise in increasing migration - and a damn attractive one to existing and soon to be HD users.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:36 AM

When you say smart key do you mean the Iloc card or the hardware key with the eprom? If I buy into this Massive Market program do I own the program, codes...
Old 05-16-2003, 12:53 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom N:
When you say smart key do you mean the Iloc card or the hardware key with the eprom? If I buy into this Massive Market program do I own the program, codes...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When I say iLok USB Smart Key, I am referring to the hardware dongle that connects to your computer.

The plug-in authorizations that are included with MassivePack for Macintosh come on two license cards, with the exception of the Sony and Waves plug-ins. Those are authorized via challenge/response. MassivePack also comes with an install CD for the plug-ins.

Just use the included license cards to authorize your iLok USB Smart Key.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:08 AM

So ProdInfo if I purchase this bundle do I OWN them or is this considered another "Demo Bundle" I own a couple of the plugs in the bundle and would like to sell them and transfer ownership. I assume since I'm purchasing these (at a GREAT price) I can transfer them to whoever I want. Is this correct ?
Old 05-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Avid

Hi Dutch,

The MassivePack plug-ins are not transferrable. From 'Registration and Transfers' in the Customer Service section of our web site...

"Promotional Bundled Software Not Transferable

Software included in promotional sales bundles such as Digi 002pack, MIXpack, HDpack & MassivePack bundles remains the registered property of the original Digi 002, Pro Tools|24 MIX or Pro Tools|HD purchaser as listed on the sales invoice of an Authorized Digidesign Dealer and cannot be transferred."

http://www.digidesign.com/support/cs/reg/
Old 05-16-2003, 10:33 AM

Dear Prod Info:

I called your Customer Service TWICE to ask them if we could sell the plug-ins from Massive Pack that we already own and do a Transfer of Ownership to the new buyer and they told us, "Absolutely yes you can Transfer the Ownership"!! We were told this wasn't part of your usual 'bundles' when bought with your systems.

Again, we checked on this TWICE and were told we could sell and transfer the ownership. We ordered Massive Pack yesterday and are very upset about this now. We own 5 of these plug-ins. What do we do?

Thank you.
1 TB PCIe flash storage
Pro Tools Ultimate HD 2023.6
HD Native Thunderbolt
Old 05-16-2003, 10:34 AM

Wow, I knew this was the case with plug-ins that come with systems like my HD (since they are free) but with the MassivePack you are charging $1200 for it, hardly for free even though it is an incredible deal.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:37 AM

Presumably, if the plugin company allows it, you could sell/transfer your original purchased plugs that will be duplicated in the Massive Pack.

I think Waves, for example, allows transfer of ownership. So you could sell the Waves Rennaissance plugs that you own NOW, rather than the ones in the Pack.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Ray
Old 05-16-2003, 10:58 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally posted by michael c:
Dear Prod Info:

I called your Customer Service TWICE to ask them if we could sell the plug-ins from Massive Pack that we already own and do a Transfer of Ownership to the new buyer and they told us, "Absolutely yes you can Transfer the Ownership"!! We were told this wasn't part of your usual 'bundles' when bought with your systems.

Again, we checked on this TWICE and were told we could sell and transfer the ownership. We ordered Massive Pack yesterday and are very upset about this now. We own 5 of these plug-ins. What do we do?

Thank you.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi Michael,

I'm sorry that you have received conflicting information. This is the information I have been given, and am quoting the same from our web site.

Please call Digidesign Customer Service Administration for any additional clarification. Since you are in the US, they can be reached at 650.731.6198.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:56 AM

Dear Prod. Info:
Can you "split" the plugins authorizations into multiple iloks???

Thank you.