Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > MBOX Studio

Old 01-07-2023, 08:55 AM

Default double monitoring in headphones of microphone

ok so i am sure this is a dumb question and someone will answer it easy for me but i am lost i do not use pro tools i use mixcraft and studio 1 to hear myself in the headphones i have to enable monitoring on the track and i then get my vocals twice in the headphones does anyone know how to cut the vocal output from the mic on the m box control? or how would i fix this issue thank you in advance
Old 01-07-2023, 12:33 PM

Default Re: double monitoring in headphones of microphone

The typical reason for doubling like this with any DAW or interface combination is you having both software monitoring in the DAW and hardware monitoring in the interface enabled. You need to select one of the two and use that and disable the other.

Many new users underestimate the need to spend time to understand their modern interface hardware monitoring. You need to read the documentation and play around. Including playing with that with no DAW active so you can be sure that the hardware monitoring is all you are hearing, including make sure you know how to disable everything, and confirm that works as expected, if that is what you want to do.

It might also be possible in some cases for delay or reverb effects in the DAW or interface to cause similar behavior. You should be starting as simple as possible in a trivial simple DAW session, with no plugins, and no effects enabled in the mixer/monitoring in the interface.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-07-2023 at 01:03 PM.