Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2022, 10:28 AM

Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunst View Post
Hi guys - just received my Carbon and I see that there is now an unactivated 'Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual' in my Avid account.

I currently use Pro Tools Studio [perpetual product] on an active support plan that just renewed on November 20th.

Are there any benefits to my activating the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence? I understand that it would unlock some features not present in my current Pro Tools Studio perpetual product.

How would this work with the support plan, especially as I just paid to renew for another year?

Also once I start using the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence am I correct in assuming that my yearly support plan is going to get more expensive?

And finally, if I ever end up giving up the Carbon, am I right that the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence goes with it? So then I may end up with an expired Pro Tools Studio licence whose support plan will have lapsed (we know this is not a great situation to be in as often Avid makes you 'buy back in').

Thank you for any help, sometimes this stuff gets quite confusing.

Best!
So did you already have a Studio License before you got the Carbon?
If so you should have 3 Licenses!
1. Studio (which you already had)
2. Studio (that came with Carbon)
3. Ultimate that also came with the Carbon.
The Studio license that came with Carbon will always be upgradeable.
Meaning that if you let it lapse it will fall back in to a perpetual license but will always be able to get back up to date with the special Carbon update plan.