Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2021, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Dolby Atmos ADM sync issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax Productions View Post
I think I solved my issue by just adding some time at the beginning of the print and then truncating it manually by inputting the desired timecode in/out when exporting the ADM wav from the renderer.
!
You can also export ADM files directly from Bounce to Disk in Pro Tools now, in case that's an alternate workflow that works for you.
Old 10-07-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax Productions View Post
I'm recording into the Renderer. I have the stereo master in my session as a reference. So I'll select that to set the length of the .atmos print and arm the renderer and play down the song. But the timecode of the resulting print always misses the first frame, and adds extra frames at the end.

I think I solved my issue by just adding some time at the beginning of the print and then truncating it manually by inputting the desired timecode in/out when exporting the ADM wav from the renderer.

Using Production Suite 3.7 and PT 2021.6

Appreciate everyone's input. Definitely have learned a ton about the renderer on this job!!
This was your problem. The Render wants at least one second of pre roll before going into record. You’d be better off setting the in and out points in the Renderer and pre rolling Pro Tools into the IN point. Also, you cannot start your project exactly at 00:00:00:00. The Renderer will not wrap around TC prior to 00:00:00:00. Therefore, if your song start is at 00:00:00:00 the Renderer record will be delayed. Move the Pro Tools session later and then change the start TC in the Renderer after you’ve recorded in.

Alternatively, do an offline bounce of your ADM file in Pro Tools like I mentioned earlier and then import that ADM file into the Renderer to create your .Atmos files.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Alternatively, do an offline bounce of your ADM file in Pro Tools like I mentioned earlier and then import that ADM file into the Renderer to create your .Atmos files.
Thankyou!!! For album #2 in my queue I tried this method and it works WAY better.