Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2003, 07:09 AM

Default Genelec 1032A\'s vs. Dynaudio BM15A\'s?

Anyone have a take on this subject? We're in the market for a new pair of monitors and are having a tough time trying to choose between the two. Thanks a google.

[/list]
Old 11-27-2003, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Genelec 1032A\'s vs. Dynaudio BM15A\'s?

Genelec's are of course quite nice...
I would without hesitation go for the Dyneaudion AIR line...no doubt...i've used both
Art
www.imastering.com
Old 11-27-2003, 09:08 PM

IMHO...... go with the DynAudio BM15s. I have owned both each for about a year. First the genelec then the BM15A. The Dyns really had a silky top end and a good punchy low end. Mixes translated well. But, If you have the budget, Check Out the M & K 2310P. THX cert. Kick Butt Monitors. I love them. Just my 2 cents.

jai
www.themixstudio.com
Old 11-28-2003, 01:08 PM

I must say I´m a Gen-kind-of-guy - I´ve used both monitors, - some people are a bit tired as the Gens have been around for a long time, - but for me they win hands down over the Dynaaudios for general use over every genre...
- if however you are mostly mixing classical music, acustic, and the sort I would go for the Dyn..

Anyway I think its pretty much down to tast with these two..

Try to get the monitors set up where they are suposed to sit in the future and A/B them - personally I dont care much for listening in a store and with the outlay you are looking at it should´nt be a problem to borrow one pair at a time for a day or two..

Euro-Sound Studio
www.euro-sound.org
Old 12-01-2003, 05:35 PM

Thanks to all of you who took the time to help out! I had a pair of the 1032A's brought into the studio today and I must say that we really liked them. Tomorrow we're expecting a pair of the BM15A's so we can decide on our purchase. What sucks is that each brand is distributed by a different dealer and we weren't able to convince the Gen dealer to let us hold on to the 1032's in order to compare. We'll just have to go by the notes we kept from today's session. We do a lot of music for ads, voice overs and loads of dance music so, you probably realize that we need a solid pair of General Purpose speakers. Actually, did you know that the term "General Purpose" is the origin of the word "Jeep"? General Purpose - G P ------> Jeep. So, we need a solid pair of jeepeakers. I just invented a new word!!! I just invented a new word!!! You may use it freely... for non-commercial purposes. Anyway, if anyone else has some more feedback, please bring it to the table. THANKS!

A purist allsihad