Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2011, 03:55 PM

Default Crossgrade from LE to PT9 today.... do I still get a free update to PT10?

Hi there,

I was wondering if I will still get a free update for PT10 since i only just crossgraded from LE to PT9. I purchased it on the 20th October and it came today... since i activated it today (27th October 2011) it classes today as the date of purchase.

Am I still eligible for the free upgrade?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
Old 10-27-2011, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Crossgrade from LE to PT9 today.... do I still get a free update to PT10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb19 View Post
Hi there,

I was wondering if I will still get a free update for PT10 since i only just crossgraded from LE to PT9. I purchased it on the 20th October and it came today... since i activated it today (27th October 2011) it classes today as the date of purchase.

Am I still eligible for the free upgrade?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
It doesnt look like it.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=419131

Quote:
Q: If I just purchased Pro Tools 9 software or a system that came with Pro Tools 9, do I get a complimentary upgrade to Pro Tools 10 too?

A: Yes, it's possible. If you purchased a Pro Tools 9 product or upgrade within the time period stated below, you're eligible to receive a complimentary software upgrade:

You purchased and registered new Pro Tools 9 software (full version) or a product bundled with Pro Tools 9, including the Mbox family or Eleven Rack, on or after October 1, 2011

You purchased and registered a Pro Tools 9 upgrade or crossgrade on or between October 1–20, 2011

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-27-2011, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Crossgrade from LE to PT9 today.... do I still get a free update to PT10?

Seriously? :O

That is soooo annoying... since technically I purchased it on the 20th of October!... but when activating it... it doesn't give me a purchase date when registering.... it classes the activation of the ilok as the date I purchased LE crossgrade to PT9. So due to taking 7 days to deliver... i missed out!

Anybody any suggestions in what I can do?
Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb19 View Post
Seriously? :O

That is soooo annoying... since technically I purchased it on the 20th of October!... but when activating it... it doesn't give me a purchase date when registering.... it classes the activation of the ilok as the date I purchased LE crossgrade to PT9. So due to taking 7 days to deliver... i missed out!

Anybody any suggestions in what I can do?
Well, you can call Avid and ask.

You can ask your dealer to call Avid and ask.

You can stick with PT9 for awhile and upgrade to PT10 for $299 when you feel like it.

You can send it back and get a refund and upgrade from PT LE 8 to PT10 for $499

You can register it and see what happens, knowing that you wont be able to send it back once it is registered.

You can make a mental note not to make any major purchases of Pro Tools, Avid hardware, or plugins around the date that AES will take place each year.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-28-2011, 05:23 AM

kb19 no, I'm in a similar situation, buy the upgrade from LE to 9 and more than a week late in coming, trying to register last night, I realize that the form does not include the date, simply takes the date of activation as the purchase. already dawned and no mail (never arrived).

ie you can go back and know you have to shell out $ 100 more to get the upgrade to 10. or register and pay $ 300 for the upgrade.

I am trying to write a letter with a scanned copy of the invoice, to see whether they can take pity on me.

but seriously, it seems ridiculous that a product in stock in stores, new package upgrade is not entitled to amnesty. indeed so is his policy, is a lack of respect for customers. if they made that announcement, his duty was to then remove the stock and leave only those packages available the latest version.

I doubt any of us (customers) having bought the upgrade to 9, try to act with bad intent, much less steal money from Avid
Old 10-28-2011, 05:28 AM

You're in a gray area---the best thing to do is to call Avid directly.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:26 PM

Thumbs down Re: Crossgrade from LE to PT9 today.... do I still get a free update to PT10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
You're in a gray area---the best thing to do is to call Avid directly.
entiendo, pero mas que un area gris, me parece la dimension desconocida.

no es culpa de nadie. pero sucedio, y eso me va a costar ahora (porque dudo que aun llamando pueda resolver) 300 $ mas.

understand, but more than a gray area, I think the unknown dimension.

no one's fault. But it happened, and that's going to cost me now (because I doubt that even calling to resolve) 300 $ more.