Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2001, 12:20 AM

Default double,twice,again

O.k. I have another qestion, since am force to use the G bank sounds for right now. I use the drum that are there and experiment with those drums in midi but some times I hear the notes echo,double, repeat etc. why is that am I hiting the notes to fast or do I have something on or off that is making this happen. The digi support team said it was my triton but I just got it. So far it's been what the drums only because thats the only thing I tried to experiment with but I'll try some other instruments and let ya know if it does this also.

Please Help

Thank YOU
Old 02-06-2001, 03:07 AM

Default Re: double,twice,again

Howzit!

Double notes are usually in indication that your keyboards 'local switch' is still on. If you are using this keyboard to input notes to PT then you must switch 'local' OFF.

//NW

[This message has been edited by Neil Ward (edited February 06, 2001).]
Old 02-08-2001, 07:36 PM

I already have local control on off but it still does that anymore suggestions? my triton manual reads something about echo could that be the problem?
Old 02-08-2001, 07:38 PM

I already have local control on off but it still does that anymore suggestions? my triton manual reads something about echo could that be the problem?
Old 02-10-2001, 08:30 AM

Hi Azael,

Let's see....

- With 'local' switched off in your Triton, can you still hear it play whe you hit the keys (when not set up to receive MIDI in PT)? In theory, it should be silent. If not, check it again, or go to the MIDI menu and uncheck the MIDI Thru option.

- Are you using the sequencer from the Triton to play the notes? (Does this thing even have a sequencer?) If so, the 'local' command may only bypass the physical keys, in which case, go to the MIDI menu and uncheck the MIDI Thru option.

- Are you using a third-party MIDI Interface? Let's hope so, because this is my last possible soloution. A problem I couldn't pick for a while was where PT would receive *and* record two notes for every one. Try doing this with monophonic sounds and it would cause havoc. Go into the MIDI menu's Input Devices and be sure that only your Triton (and whatever other synth's you have) are checked. Your MIDI Interface should be UNCHECKED. Otherwise PT registers notes coming from both the synth (via the interface), and from the interface (originally from the synth).

Please post back and let me know if this gets you out of trouble.

Cheers,

Phil

Old 02-10-2001, 08:33 AM

Hi again,

...er, why are you 'forced to use the G Bank sounds for now'?

Phil