Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2002, 01:17 PM

Default No Akai converter for Sampletank ala carte

I emailed IK Multimedia to see if the Akai -> Sampletank converter could be purchased separately from Sampletank XL/L (so that us LE and Free users could make use of samples we ALREADY have):

-------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately not.
The Akai converter ships only with the L or XL.

-------------------------------------------------

I don't know why, but companies that do this sort of thing just kinda rub me the wrong way. I understand them wanting to sell -their- sample libraries and all, but I don't like being forced to buy extra things I don't need and won't use just in order to get a product.

Hell, I'd pay $70 just to get a non free/LE version of Sampletank WITHOUT sample banks so I could use some AKAI stuff under PTLE/RTAS

C'mon IK!!....Let's get some more options! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2002, 01:33 PM

Default Re: No Akai converter for Sampletank ala carte

Welcome to capitalism thru communism 101 my friend.

Proprietary for the sake of proprietary

I can make it work this way, which is harder for you so that I can make more money from you.

Enjoy your jell-o and don’t you dare complain.
[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

38, 39 what ever it takes.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:40 PM

Jeff,

I don't know of any more appealing options then "free" You can't really complain at "free". They whole point is for you to be able to use a fully functional version of their retail product. If you like what it can do, then you buy it. There not going to support a free version just because. It cost them more money that way. They could have just given you a 30 day trial and turned it off like most do.

I personally like "free".
Old 09-16-2002, 01:59 PM

Citi,

You missed my point entirely.

I think it's GREAT that they gave out a free version of Sampletank. I'm not complaining about that.

What I'm 'complaining' (not even complaining, really...more like lobbying or REQUESTING) about is not being able to buy the AKAI sample converter (or even Sampletank L/XL) WITHOUT any samplebanks. I don't mind paying for the extra features in the versions of Sampletank L/XL...I don't even mind paying for the sample converter.....I just don't necessarily want THOSE soundbanks.

I just want to be able to use my AKAI samplebanks in sampletank without spending $280. Maybe say, $50-75 for the converter.