Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 11-19-2023, 02:15 AM

Default pre purchase question -mixdown and a mac

Hi, (im sorry for any redundancy with these questions)i'm coming from an old hd 10 system-
what i would like to do is send out tracks from carbon using the 8 analog outputs as well as the adat outputs (ferrofish 16) to my mixer then back into protools for the mix down, - (was doing this with the hd system) - will it do this? (without any delays , etc)

- Mac question suggestions for a mac m1 , m2 ? (coming from windows)
thanks for any help
mike
Old 11-19-2023, 08:32 AM

Default Re: pre purchase question -mixdown and a mac

Yes to the first question it will do that. We have two Carbon and 2 Carbon PRE and tested with 2 of the 16 ch Ferrofish at a friedns house and works great.

The second part regarding Mac I would say either try to get a refurished Mac Studio Pro with as much RAM you can afford as they cant be upgraded. 32 min but 64 will oast a while aka many years. If you dont want to spend on a Mac Studio then maybe get a 64 ram M.2 or wait for the new M.3 macs although we have the Studio 128 ram ones andthey are insane so a 64 or a 32 should be enough for a normal size studio environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvtmusic View Post
Hi, (im sorry for any redundancy with these questions)i'm coming from an old hd 10 system-
what i would like to do is send out tracks from carbon using the 8 analog outputs as well as the adat outputs (ferrofish 16) to my mixer then back into protools for the mix down, - (was doing this with the hd system) - will it do this? (without any delays , etc)

- Mac question suggestions for a mac m1 , m2 ? (coming from windows)
thanks for any help
mike

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-19-2023, 08:59 AM

Default Re: pre purchase question -mixdown and a mac

Thanks very much - i appreciate it !