Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2009, 08:02 PM

Cool Setting LE as slave to receive MTC

I want to use LE as a slave and set it up to receive MTC. I have a BR1600CD which I bought for a No Latency solution. The BR supports MTC as both master and/or slave. I want to use the BR to signal LE to follow the MTC signals coming from the BR. I have been able to get LE to send MTC, (by setting up in the Setup /Session menu section,) but I need LE to RECEIVE MTC and act as the SLAVE. Has any body out here had any success with controlling LE using MTC.

If I set LE for MMC I can operate the LE transport from the BR. The BR also supports MMC - but there is no tempo synch and that's the whole reason I want to do this. My best hope so far is to record a synch track on the BR (which I have done.) This synch track records all the MTC info as it comes out of LE when the MIDI track is played. From there I should be able to play the recorded synch track on the BR, and as I do so, MTC info comes out of the BR and is fed into LE. I have a MIDISPORT USB-MIDI converter and the LED indicators on it light up correctly to show that MIDI is being transmitted.
I just think that the MTC coming out of the BR when I'm playing the synch track, is not being received by LE (the LE transport won't start when I hit play on the BR- which it should.) Therefore my assumption is that LE is not set up as a SLAVE to receive MTC. I've looked and looked, but i can't see any settings in LE that talk about slaving with MTC. There is one setting in peripherals that says "alow control of Pro Tools via MMC" but MMC doesn't synch the tempos.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Setting LE as slave to receive MTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wollygas View Post
I want to use LE as a slave and set it up to receive MTC. I have a BR1600CD which I bought for a No Latency solution. The BR supports MTC as both master and/or slave. I want to use the BR to signal LE to follow the MTC signals coming from the BR. I have been able to get LE to send MTC, (by setting up in the Setup /Session menu section,) but I need LE to RECEIVE MTC and act as the SLAVE. Has any body out here had any success with controlling LE using MTC.

If I set LE for MMC I can operate the LE transport from the BR. The BR also supports MMC - but there is no tempo synch and that's the whole reason I want to do this. My best hope so far is to record a synch track on the BR (which I have done.) This synch track records all the MTC info as it comes out of LE when the MIDI track is played. From there I should be able to play the recorded synch track on the BR, and as I do so, MTC info comes out of the BR and is fed into LE. I have a MIDISPORT USB-MIDI converter and the LED indicators on it light up correctly to show that MIDI is being transmitted.
I just think that the MTC coming out of the BR when I'm playing the synch track, is not being received by LE (the LE transport won't start when I hit play on the BR- which it should.) Therefore my assumption is that LE is not set up as a SLAVE to receive MTC. I've looked and looked, but i can't see any settings in LE that talk about slaving with MTC. There is one setting in peripherals that says "alow control of Pro Tools via MMC" but MMC doesn't synch the tempos.
it's been awhile but this might help... http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=141478

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 07-21-2009, 10:49 PM

Hi Mykhal C,

Thanks for that link. I'll give it another whirl.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wollygas View Post
Hi Mykhal C,

Thanks for that link. I'll give it another whirl.
should be close given the BOSS/Roland connect

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff