Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Slave Protools M-Power to older midi drum device

I'm in the process of figuring out if I want to purchase Protools M-powered for my home setup. I am mainly interested in sequencing but having the audio features of protools is obviously a nice addition. I have a simple sync question. I have an older midi drum pad (Roland Handy Pad 5) which only transmits midi clock. It does not receive it. I'd like to be able to slave Protools to the drum pad so that I can capture the drum performance including meter changes into protools. After the drums tracks are recorded, I would let protools become the master and control the rest of the recording process moving forward. The Protools manual that I downloaded says that Protools can SEND midi beat clock to a device (protools is master) but I couldn't find a statement that says that protools can slave to midi beat clock. Again, my device only sends midi clock and doesn't receive it. Will protools allow me to sync to my old drum device? If so, how?

Thanks in advance