Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2009, 05:15 PM

Unhappy My Pro Tools 7.4.2 registration code belongs to a Pro Tools 6 series software

Hi,

I just bought an Mbox2 system from Sweetwater. I contacted Sweetwater on this and they said it is a problem with Digidesign: Here's the email I sent to the technical support at Digidesign:

--------------

Greetings, I am a recent owner of Mbox 2 Mini, which is purchased from Sweetwater.com

I have recently registered my Pro Tools 7.4.2 that comes with Mbox2. I went to Digidesign's product registration page and followed the steps. However, the confirmation email I got says that I am eligible for an upgrade from ProTools 6 to 7.4 series. For some reason the code I got doesn't belong to a ProTools 8 upgrade.

The activation email reads: We're pleased to let you know that you are eligible to receive Digidesign's newPro Tools LE 7.4 software upgrade free because you've purchased and registered one of the following on or after October 1, 2007

and of course the upgrade code starts with LE74...

However, the Pro Tools version that came with my recent purchase of Mbox2 mini is 7.4.2.

I think the registration ID which came out of the box (r25f..) and the Serial number (AMX88..) are linked to a Pro Tools 6 software, instead of 7.4.2. On the other hand, the 'Getting Started' manual for the Mbox Mini has the authorization code for a 7.4 series Pro Tools software.

In other words, the registration ID information that came out of the box had the info for a Pro Tools 6 system, whereas the software in the box is a 7.4. In this case, I think I either need a registration ID linked to the appropriate Pro Tools 7.4 series, or an upgrade code for Pro Tools 8.
-------------------

What is the source of this problem? Should I continue pursuing this matter at Digidesign-level?

Thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 10:07 AM

Default Re: My Pro Tools 7.4.2 registration code belongs to a Pro Tools 6 series software

Sorry to bump this thread, but could you guys help me on what would be the best way to pursue this matter?
Old 02-14-2009, 10:43 AM

Default Re: My Pro Tools 7.4.2 registration code belongs to a Pro Tools 6 series software

Try customer service instead of tech support
Old 02-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Some of the Mbox 2 Mini units shipped without the Pro Tools LE 7.4 authorization code included. So all Mbox 2 Mini owners receive an automatic email when they register that gives them a backup/replacement code for PTLE 7.4 in case they got one of the units without an authorization.

Because it is a full authorization, rather than an "update" requiring a previous version, it is listed in our system as an upgrade from 6.x to 7.4. Don't be caonfused by the wording, it is your Pro Tools LE 7.4 and 7.4.2 authorization code.

You just need to download the installer for Pro Tools LE 7.4.2:
www.digidesign.com/download742

No prevous installation of Pro Tools is required, and in fact if you are installing on Leopard, any previous version of Pro Tools should be removed. 7.4.2 is the first version of Pro Tools that runs on Leopard.

According to your online registration, you entered the date of purchase as January 16, 2008:
Product: Mbox 2 Mini Purchased: Jan 16, 2008 Registered: Feb 07, 2009
...which would not have qualified for a free upgrade to Pro Tools LE 8.

If you entered the wrong year by mistake, and actually purchased in 2009 instead of 2008, then you would need to contact Digi Customer Service with a copy of your receipt.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidesign View Post
Some of the Mbox 2 Mini units shipped without the Pro Tools LE 7.4 authorization code included. So all Mbox 2 Mini owners receive an automatic email when they register that gives them a backup/replacement code for PTLE 7.4 in case they got one of the units without an authorization.

Because it is a full authorization, rather than an "update" requiring a previous version, it is listed in our system as an upgrade from 6.x to 7.4. Don't be caonfused by the wording, it is your Pro Tools LE 7.4 and 7.4.2 authorization code.

You just need to download the installer for Pro Tools LE 7.4.2:
www.digidesign.com/download742

No prevous installation of Pro Tools is required, and in fact if you are installing on Leopard, any previous version of Pro Tools should be removed. 7.4.2 is the first version of Pro Tools that runs on Leopard.

According to your online registration, you entered the date of purchase as January 16, 2008:
Product: Mbox 2 Mini Purchased: Jan 16, 2008 Registered: Feb 07, 2009
...which would not have qualified for a free upgrade to Pro Tools LE 8.

If you entered the wrong year by mistake, and actually purchased in 2009 instead of 2008, then you would need to contact Digi Customer Service with a copy of your receipt.
Thank you for the clarification. I will contact the Customer Service.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:18 PM

I called the Customer Service Administration 4 times today, but it hangs up after the automated message "Customer Service is closed between January 1st and will reopen on the 2nd". Is there a maintenance going on? When will the the customer service be back online?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Administrator

The US office is closed today for the President's Day holiday, they will be open tomorrow. Sounds like they didn't update the recorded message.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:43 PM

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reach the Customer Service today either. I kept calling from 3.30pm till 5pm PST, but no service agent picked up the phone. Since I have to provide my purchase receipt, is sending a fax a better way to reach them?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:12 PM

I tried today three times again. The same story; in the last call I had to wait for 17 minutes without anybody picking up.

How can I actually contact the customer service administration?