Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 06:55 PM

Default Sync Digi Beta Deck to Pro Tools via transport

Anyone know how I can sync the mixplus system to a digibeta deck and control it via the trasnport simotaniously with protools???? I also have a USD if that helps.....Question 2, is the USD model number mho33?
Old 11-05-2002, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Sync Digi Beta Deck to Pro Tools via transport

first of all, yes thats the model number, the serial number should be above it(i think) and second, you will need to USD to be your master clock. to control it via PT you will need to have MC installed on i belive its midi cables to the digi bata. with that, you can play, stop, rewind,FF...etc... via PT, otherwise, you will need to put PT in online mode, (waiting for sync) and arm tracks on PT,(if your laying down audio) if not and your using the digibata as picture refance, you will need to rewide after each edit(audio) i hav never used a deck as pic rtefance, i have always uploaded vid on to hd and used QT, but if you tell me what your doing then i will have the configuration for you? i am Hd now but i used to be MIX 3. so i will have to go back to my diagrams for this. hope this helps a little, look forward to seeing a responce if you need it.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:50 AM

Thank you Kevin, I am doing a 40 minute segment every week, it is in High def, and they are transfering it to the digibeta for me.... I am getting complantes on tranfering the segment to QT because it takes too much time in the bay, (how long could it take??? hour?) Please elaborate on the MC situation (mc= master control?)(pt=pro tools?) and yeh, waiting for rewind on this stuff seems like a nightmare.......... Again, thanks much...
Old 11-09-2002, 05:26 PM

1. Get a Keyspan serial port adaptor and download the latest drivers. Turn off the 'printer emulation ' mode on one of the ports and name it "machine control"

2. Get Digi Machine Control software (just a wee bit overpriced).

3. Connect the 9-pin RS-422 machine control to the Keyspan machine control port and to your DVW.

4. Connect the DVW's TC out to your USD TC in.

5. Enable 9-pin machine control in the "peripherals" dialog.

6. Under the transport button go to online>machine
and make Pro Tools the Transport.

7. Put PT "online". Press play. The DVW should chase PT.
Old 11-10-2002, 11:19 AM

Perhaps 40 minutes of Quicktime capture, is a lot less use of the Digibeta machine than all that shuttling, rewinding, waiting for sync, etc. if the machine is used during the whole post process. It's also less wear and tear on the Digibeta machine. Someone else can use the Digibeta deck while you're doing your work with Quicktime.

Just my .02 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
[email protected]
http://www.boomchic.com
Old 11-18-2002, 09:04 PM

Also realize when choosing "use serial timecode" in the Machine control dialog box(peripherals)....addressing that is used is across the 9 pin...NOT LTC 'in' on USD!

Phead14006 wrote---Put PT "online". Press play. The DVW should chase PT

PT actually chases DVW after DVW receives machine control command.

Whenever PT is online..it is chasing TC....even when generating TC using USD/SYNC i/o.

-R