Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2010, 09:27 PM

Default Crossgrade D/L Doesn't Work -- Wasting My Time

So I purchased the crossgrade for my new Mbox 3 and go to the download page enter my ilok, enter my Mbox model and the serial number from the Mbox. No download. No nothing.

WTF? How does this company stay in business?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Crossgrade D/L Doesn't Work -- Wasting My Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidisinla View Post
So I purchased the crossgrade for my new Mbox 3 and go to the download page enter my ilok, enter my Mbox model and the serial number from the Mbox. No download. No nothing.

WTF? How does this company stay in business?

So... because it didn't work for you, it failed for the rest of us?

I understand your frustration... but help us help you.

Have you tried logging back into your account? Refreshing the page? If you put in qualified information, you should still be able to go back to your account downloads page and download the files as you please.

Did you go to your iLok account and see if there's a pending code?

C'mon dude...

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 11-09-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post

So... because it didn't work for you, it failed for the rest of us?

I understand your frustration... but help us help you.

Have you tried logging back into your account? Refreshing the page? If you put in qualified information, you should still be able to go back to your account downloads page and download the files as you please.

Did you go to your iLok account and see if there's a pending code?

C'mon dude...
I've verified everything and tried multiple times over the last three hours. It doesn't work. My wife who's smarter and more patient than me also verified all the info and tried.

Yep, I'm very frustrated but not at you personally. In fact, I appreciate that you reached out in my time of pain.

I'm sure I have an Mbox (3) and I'm sure of the SN. It's on the machine and on my reg card and on my receipt from GC. I'm taking my ilok Id right from the website. They know me. Avid doesn't seem to know the SN or the ilok. I may be confused and FUBAR or the website and the instructions are FUBAR.

Regardless, no new PT for me tonight.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
I've verified everything and tried multiple times over the last three hours. It doesn't work. My wife who's smarter and more patient than me also verified all the info and tried.

Yep, I'm very frustrated but not at you personally. In fact, I appreciate that you reached out in my time of pain.

I'm sure I have an Mbox (3) and I'm sure of the SN. It's on the machine and on my reg card and on my receipt from GC. I'm taking my ilok Id right from the website. They know me. Avid doesn't seem to know the SN or the ilok. I may be confused and FUBAR or the website and the instructions are FUBAR.

Regardless, no new PT for me tonight.
That sounds unfortunate indeed. Sorry to hear about the troubles. Figure it's bound to happen to someone at some point, as I'm sure they are being flooded with purchase orders. I'd try to get in contact with support when you can, and see if it can be resolved.

If everything is legit, you are certainly entitled to your purchase.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 11-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Avid

Just so I understand exactly what went wrong - can you tell me what happened? Did your card get charged? Did you get an error message? If you log into your Avid store account, does it show the transaction?

I'm hoping to get a few details so I know whom to talk to - web team, store personnel or customer service.

I'm sure we can get you sorted quickly - most likely tomorrow morning.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Just so I understand exactly what went wrong - can you tell me what happened? Did your card get charged? Did you get an error message? If you log into your Avid store account, does it show the transaction?

I'm hoping to get a few details so I know whom to talk to - web team, store personnel or customer service.

I'm sure we can get you sorted quickly - most likely tomorrow morning.
Good morning. Yes, my card was charged and I received a confirmation email. Once or twice I received an error message saying that my serial number was not recognized but now I get no error message. The download is waiting for me but when I get to the screen to input my ilok and hardware info -- nothing happens after I enter the info and press enter. I tried again just now.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:42 AM

Did you go to iLok.com?
Mike.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Good morning. Yes, my card was charged and I received a confirmation email. Once or twice I received an error message saying that my serial number was not recognized but now I get no error message. The download is waiting for me but when I get to the screen to input my ilok and hardware info -- nothing happens after I enter the info and press enter. I tried again just now.
I'm a numbnutz. Figured out why it wasn't working. (ilok ID vs. ilok account info.) Thanks.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:53 AM

Are you entering your i lock username. You should be prompter to enter your username and not the password. That stumped me about 8 trys until I finally read it closely and it worked. Use your username not your pasword.. I had the exact same issue....
Old 11-10-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox13 View Post
Are you entering your i lock username. You should be prompter to enter your username and not the password. That stumped me about 8 trys until I finally read it closely and it worked. Use your username not your pasword.. I had the exact same issue....
Thanks. That was it. I was using the ilok account # instead of my personally created ID. Took me about ten tries and a night of sleep.