Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-1999, 07:37 PM

Default Keeps asking to reauthorize plugins!!

I don't know if any of you other NT users are experiencing this, but every few days or so when I'm loading a session I get prompted to put in my key diskette for reauthorization. I do it, everything loads fine. Few days later it asks again. This happens for ALL of my plugins. It's getting old.

Any ideas on what I can try? My audio drives are formatted FAT 16 and my OS drive is formatted NTFS. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
DJF
Old 11-25-1999, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Keeps asking to reauthorize plugins!!

The same thing happens to me. Very anoying when you have people in the studio paying good money. Especially when I have been braggin? (I don't know how to spell it) about the system. Please Digi, what are we to do ?

Regards
Rune Johansen
Melodymaker Studio
Norway
Norway
[email protected]
Old 11-29-1999, 01:12 PM

Have had the same problem. It is very frustrating to say the least, specially if you have a few plugins needed. I have also found it does it for everything if you defrag the system disk which causes every plugin to want the key disk. I know these disk are for piracy but they sure are making dealing with ProTools unattractive
Old 11-30-1999, 06:59 PM

It looks like I'm not the only one experiencing this. Digi could you please respond and let us know if there's a way to prevent this from happening? I'd appreciate any response!!

Thanks,
DJ
Old 12-02-1999, 12:39 AM

This is getting worse and worse !
No Pt kepps asking for authorization every time I open PT. But only for D-Verb.
A few weeks ago I dowloaded the latest version of D-verb. Maybe that's it ? I don't know. Otherwise the system is fine.
This would be a good time for Digi to reply!

Regards, and a merry X-mas to all
Rune Johansen
Melodymaker Studio
Norway
Norway
[email protected]
Old 12-02-1999, 11:06 PM

Rune,

I've had it do the exact same thing. It does seem like it happens most frequently with DVERB. However, I'm still having it ask to reauthorize all of them on a regular basis. Talk about frustrating. Any reply would be nice here DIGI!!

DJ
Old 12-05-1999, 03:42 AM

I had the same problem in the beginning but then it never happened again, I've been working for 6 months without that problem.
I'm not sure but I think it stopped doing that when I formatted my OS disc in FAT16 instead of NTFS.
I am not sure, since I made a lot of experimantation in the beginning of ProTools installation.
Wait to see what Digidesign has to say about this.

Eduardo Apolonia
Old 12-06-1999, 08:35 AM
Avid

Hi. We have seen the behavior on NTFS system/boot drives. When the system drive/partition was reformatted with FAT, the problem dissipated. This has been an elusive problem. I've tried a number of times to re-create it and haven't been able to. All of you will be getting the PT|5.0 upgrade for free very soon now. The "disk scheduler" code has been revved for NTFS compatibility. I'm optimistic 5.0 will solve this problem. Sorry about the PACE problems. Thanks for your patience.

Tom S.
Old 12-06-1999, 09:24 AM

Does this me I will get 5.0 for free. I bought PT before the cut off date. In the post above techsupport said we would all get it for free. Can you clarify this?

[This message has been edited by David Sandwisch (edited 12-06-99).]
Old 12-08-1999, 07:22 AM
Administrator

There are a number of fixes and enhancements in PT 5.0 NT that have led us to decide to upgrade all NT users at no charge. The majority were eligible anyway since most purchased after April.
Contact your Digi office per the instructions on the upgrade page. (linked from the top of http://www.digidesign.com/serv )

------------------
Bruce Paine
eMarketing