Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 03-18-2011, 12:01 PM

Default System Usage window showing incorrect info

First of all, I never use Elastic Audio and always have it turned off on every track;
Most of the time when running PT 9.0.1 on my MacBook Pro under 10.6.6, the System Usage window indicates some CPU (Elastic) usage with a single pixel's worth of the usage bar illuminated. Stranger than this, today I have the single pixel of graph showing as well as the % indicator reading 1%. Again, this is with all Elastic turned off.

Anyone else seeing this type of behavior?

(pic)
http://bit.ly/hnBr0B
Old 03-18-2011, 02:02 PM

Default Re: System Usage window showing incorrect info

POLY 915

Just about every one using Pro Tools will notice this behaviour it hardly going to screw up your session is it. Mine reads about 1% all the time as yours does with no Elastic Audio enabled.

LAWNLAND
Old 03-18-2011, 02:18 PM

Default Re: System Usage window showing incorrect info

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWNLAND View Post
Just about every one using Pro Tools will notice this behaviour it hardly going to screw up your session is it.
Actually, I have no idea if this issue is going to affect my session in any way. I like to assume that because I have Elastic audio turned off, none of my audio is running through any type of DSP, yet there is a meter showing activity. You're right, it's probably nothing but an indication that the system is at work, but my inquisitive mind just can't let go of things like this. I would just like to know why the meter is showing activity in a session with no Elastic audio enabled.