Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2010, 10:15 AM

Default sync Protools 8.03 to Digital Performer 7.11

I think this must be discussed here before but I cannot find them. Please direct me to the related threads if there is any.

I need to sync Protools 8.03 to Digital Performer 7.11. We have a MTPAV (USB) and a 192 i/o. Is there a way to synchronize these two softwares on a single computer?

I have found this on digi "Support & Downloads":

How can I get another sequencer like Digital Performer to sync up with Pro Tools so I can do Midi in another application besides ?
At least one IAC bus needs to be created for Midi Time Code to travel between the applications. This is done by double-clicking on the IAC device icon in OMS Studio Setup, and naming one of the busses to MTC. In , under Setup>Peripherals, select Generic MTC Reader and for port choose the newly-created MTC. Put Pro Tools online by clicking the clock icon in the transport window or use command-J (Mac) or control-J (Windows). In the secondary Midi sequencer application, tell the sequencer to output MTC to the IAC bus named MTC. Hitting play (or record-play) in the secondary application will at this point trigger Pro Tools into play mode which will then allow the two applications to sync together.

To enable playback control of a background application from within Pro Tools, Midi Machine Control (MMC) via the IAC bus must be used. Creating a separate IAC bus in OMS Studio Setup called MMC makes it possible to select that bus as a port when enabling MMC in Setup>Peripherals. Going online in Pro Tools with transport=Pro Tools makes it possible to control playback and stop of a background sequencing application. If the above MTC settings have been made, this can now be used to start the background app which in turn sends MTC back to Pro Tools to begin slaving in sync with the background application.

I think we are using Audio MIDI setup instead of OMS now, right?
Do i simply follow this instruction on Audio Midi setup?
Do I need to set up anything in DP's clockwork?

Thanks a lot.