Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 04:50 AM

Default 2DSP 96voice, Delay Compensation, Pre-roll Problem

Hi,
My computer is G5 2G Dual with 2.5G ram, OS is 10.3.8
The Protools system is HD3(the old one, not accel) with 192I/O.
The Protools software is 6.9.1

Problem 1:

When I use 1 DSP 48 voice, there is no problem. But when I use more than one DSP (2 DSP 96 voice; 3 DSP 96 voice) and use excessive plugins (like 16 voice of LinEQ),the next track i apply plugin will have a loud loud steady white noise thing. The noise is always louder than original signal on that track!!!!
I tried swapping the order of the process cards, doesn't help. The problem doesn't apply only to LinEQ. It also happens on GML EQ and some other plugins.

I tried unplug one process card and the noise appears at around the 20th to 24th voice of track even if i didn't apply any plugin on any track. and the noise is like a digital loop which glows louder after a few seconds.

Problem 2:
Delay Compensation is not working properly. When I applied those plugins with long latency, with Delay Compensation on, the track suddenly out of sync. Even worse than without Delay Compensation.

Problem 3:
When I use Pre-roll function during tracking, that track is suddenly out of sync. So I must manually Quick Punch every time.....
Similar things happen when I apply Audio-Suite on a track e.g pitch shifting a vocal, if Pre-roll is on, the processed audio is often miss placed(mostly ahead of the original timing). that's extremely weird!!!!!!

DigiTech please help!!!!~~~!!!!
My clients keep on complaining about this!!!!!

Thanks

Soloan