Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2003, 11:59 AM

Default Mbox Analog Input with Digital Output

So I thought I figured out a novel way to use the pre's on the Mbox to feed into an external 8-track recorder with suspect pre's, but I'm getting some strange clicking (jittering) on the inputs after running them for awhile.

What I've done is hooked up two microphones to the analog inputs on the mbox and setup a phantom session enabling record on two tracks panned hard left and hard right. I've then taken the S/PDIF RCA digital out of the mbox to a converter which translates the RCA to an Toslink optical output; the required feed to my recorder.

It all seems to work fine for awhile, but eventually I start getting a clicking noise on the mbox inputs that continues even with the mics disconnected. The only way to get rid of it is to close the session and reopen it.

I'd be interested in any guesses on what might be causing this.

Thanks, Alex