Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 04-01-2021, 03:45 AM

Default Subscription renewal is an annual nightmare

I feel like I must be doing something wrong. Every year I have to go through hoops to renew my subscription and get that onto my iLok so I can continue using PT, Falcon, etc. I pay £380 for this each time. To some extent my system is down for a few days every time.

This is the first year the button to refresh actually appeared in My Avid – I normally have to start the support case before that. I bought the renewal early, but of course you can't refresh the licenses in iLok License Manager until 2 days before they expire. According to My Avid my subscription is valid until March 2022. According to iLok my subscription ended last night. Refresh just tells me that renewal is "pending". I've opened a support case, but it would be nice to not have to wait for human intervention in what should be an automatic process every April.

What is the secret mantra to get this to work? It's really frustrating.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Subscription renewal is an annual nightmare

In my case, it's taking over a month and my problem still on going

I didn't receive any renewal notification for a start, (I am not log in to my Avid account often, I just work and use Pro Tools). I received a message tells me to backup and remove my account contents(I am not use the project space anyway), then I noticed that my account as expired for a few days already. Thought my Avid account, I provided my payment detail and paid the renewal annual subscription, and immediately, received a confirmation document with order number, also inform me that an email will be sent to me with renewal code.

This "email" never arrived, and the "Expired" warning still on my Avid account. I submitted a support ticket few days after this via the portal. A few days later support replied, asking my renewal code, I explained I don't have one, but I have payment confirmation and order number.

Another few days later, I checked my account, situation still the same, my subscription expired and I can pay £380 to renew it. I posted in the support portal and asked the situation, and few days later, a same replied with the same question, "waiting for me to supply the renewal code." I have to explain again, also attached my order confirmation.

After receiving no more information, except "We will look into this". Until almost a month since I post my first support ticket and more than a month after my expire date. I asked again, the support replied that they made some changes in my account, so I can now make my payment again. I checked with my bank, the original money didn't go out from my account. I guess there was a payment process issues on Avid side. This took them a month to find out I then log back in to my Avid account and try to make my subscription again, however, by now the original renewal price is not available for me anymore, Its a more expansive new subscription price. Guess what? That is few days ago and I am still waiting for a reply for a "Industrial Standard" professional company product to solve this payment issues. This should be done in minutes.

I have been using Pro Tools almost 30 years, maybe really come to the time to give it all up?

You tell me.

LJ
Old 04-02-2021, 05:09 AM

Dont know if there is a question there in your post but if you are asking for assistance Please post your case number here and I can escalate this to Support directly. But we need your support case numbers.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-02-2021, 07:05 AM

Hello Southsidemusic

Thank you for your quick response, The case number is 04126833. Hope you can help.

LJ
Old 04-02-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpp_music View Post
Hello Southsidemusic

Thank you for your quick response, The case number is 04126833. Hope you can help.

LJ

If you have your cc on file with auto renew, why would there be an issue? Doesn’t PT auto sub if your CC is on file with auto sub? I’m asking because I don’t know. This is my first year with a subscription. I’m assuming it will auto renew as long as there is a cc on file, no? Yes? Inquiring minds want to know.

Update: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-subscriptions

@Rich Walsh - So what you are saying is you have autorenew and a cc on file, they're just not getting you a new license on time? I'm curious why a PT renewal would need a new license? None of my other subscriptions do, Adobe Creative Cloud nor does Office 365... annual payment and Bob's your uncle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Avid S1 / Fire10 - 21.8.1.0
PreSonus DigiMax FS 8-input ADAT
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp

Last edited by paul_g; 04-02-2021 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:57 PM

I think I didn't tick the "Enable autorenew" button in my profile. I am not log in to the account often and I am not aware of that. In previous years, I think just happened I logged in to the my account and noticed the expire warning so I renewed my subscription on time. However, as I experienced this time, normally the system will give you same extra to renew and continue the subscription, for my situation now, it just that the support has taken more than a month to find out the problem. Thats I thoughts anyway.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:20 AM

Just for the benefit of others who may have the same problem. The Avid IT support solved the payment problem.

Cheers

LJ