Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 10-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by odeu87 View Post
i'm with meat ..i'm pretty well set with what i use now and i just got rid of my second mac backup system. keeping my windows pci hd 3 system and i'm not planning on upgrading anymore or upgrading any of my waves ,mcdsp or pro tools plugins as what i have works .. pretty ridiculous that with ever new version of pro tools you have update endless plugins . 8.0.1 is useless never worked ! just don't see how you can go from a working system to one upgrade and have digi to tell me that what i have and what i've been using for the last year is at fault. just so digi will know i've spent my last money with you pro tools 8.o cs3 hd 3 system with 192-96I-96 i/o and control 24

so what software would you buy next?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer View Post
I was very frustrated with the 6031 errors too.
I followed all Digi's advice and pretty much removed all my plugins with no joy. I discovered that installing 8's drivers had caused some IRQ sharing which i think caused some problems.
However, the last thing i did was update my VST to RTAS plugin by Fxpansion and remove and re wrap all my VST plugins..BINGO!
Not a single 6031 error for 2 weeks now :)

Hope you get this sorted..I much prefer 8 to 7.4 now..althougth i can no longer use "narrow mix" mode as the graphics aren't clear any more in this mode compared to 7.4
wrapper is updated here. for kicks i removed all wrapped plug ins. same errors no difference
Old 10-05-2009, 08:53 PM

maybe steinberg cubase .. been trying out on a real loser machine a 256 megbyte of ram single core outdated but it runs huge amounts of vst plugins as well as it plays back 24 tracks without a hitch .. hadn't tried to record as all i have is the alesis 2 channel a i/o hooked up but thinking about hooking my motu 2408 and see how many tracks i can manage which will be 24 if it works ..if cubase can do this on a cheap all i use for is internet machine then I may take off pro tools and install on my main machine . the bad thing is that i use a lot of the McDsp and waves plugins and the McDsp do not have vst option which i will not be able to use. i dont use a lot of the pro tools plugins except for revibe and reverb one .
Old 10-05-2009, 09:53 PM

Cool Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been here for a long time as I have been so busy with my label and artists etc.

On my return, I have been surprised to find all this negativity towards version 8 on PC. I simply updated to 8 and recently to 8.01 and haven't had any unusual issues.

Not trying to create any havoc here at all just stating my experience.

I am running a PC with DIGIDESIGN 32 bit Chassis (have to upgrade that soon I know!!) Running HD4 (PCI cards) with DIGIDESIGN Plugs as well as third party such as McDSP. Also use the FXPANSION wrapper, BFD, Native Instrumentents scarbee pre bass, Sample Tank AND MANY OTHERS.

Yes I have had a couple of glitches with the MINI GRAND loading strangely and dropping notes occassionally, but all else seems to be fine.

The one issue I have had even before PT8 is that my RAM gets heavily used with the Plugins such as BFD, and NAtive Instruments etc so If I close a session I do sometimes have to reboot to flush the RAM as it won't load all the samples needed for the next session sometimes after I have been running a heavy VI session.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know my experience.

All the best,

Big D
3 x WD500gig SATA, 1 x WD1T32mb SATA cache Green
NVIDIA Geforce 7300le,
Command 8,HD2,192,Massive Pack 4
Windows 7 64 bit PTHD 9
Old 10-06-2009, 09:05 AM

Gravyblue. I'm not sure this applies to your tech support or CSA ticket but thought I would relate this little bit.

Back around Dec or so I inquired several times about the MPTK2+DVTK2 to CPT upgrade and received a couple of "We haven't got a response from you so were assuming your tickets closed" type of email response. Logging in to check the support ticket would show that nothing had changed. Finally after the 3-4th visit I figured out that you needed to scroll up to see Digi Cs's response. Very counterintuitive. I mention it because something similar may be happening in your case.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 AM

Thanks Sunburst, but I can't find any reference!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:50 PM

Last night I recorded a flawless 7.4 session for over 4 hours using the mini grand and a handful of the Air plugs among others.43 tracks,cpu stayed low(about 28%),AND NO FREAKIN ERRORS WHATSOEVER DIGI!

Guys who can't run a professional session with PT 8 I urge them to go back to 7.4 and utilize 8's plugs and VI's in 7.4.Your headaches should disappear once and for all.BTW......i'm on 7.4cs10.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 PM

hey meat, no errors you say?? this is not normal operation, something must be wrong with your system
Old 10-06-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
hey meat, no errors you say?? this is not normal operation, something must be wrong with your system
In the world of Pro Tools HD you may be right.8's plugs and VI's were worth the $249 upgrade to PT8.......just throw the worthless 8 into the garbage and keep it's plugs and ya might not feel RIPPED OFF anymore.I do miss those 10 inserts.Nothing I can't easily get around though.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneOuse View Post
I am running an HD3 Accel (PCI) system on ASUS P5WDG2-WS Pro board win WinXP x64. Could be that running a 64-bit OS makes such a big difference but I'm definitely not having issues running PT 8.0.1. I may get a crash once a week but usually when using VI's or plugs with known issues.
How is HD on xp 64? I'm running my HD 4 accel on windows 7 64 and it's rocking hard man. I think it feels a little faster then xp did. I wonder if it's the 64 bit or windows 7. No problems with 8.0.1 as well. Mixing very big tv shows. Same motherboard. All the best