Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Can\'t bounse to disk

This is probably an easy fix, but I can't seem to null it out.

I have a song ready to bounce to disk, I go to the appropriate menu item under file, in the pop-up I select .wav and 16bit, Interlevened, convert during bounce, yadayadayada, and the song plays (I hear it), and every thing should be cool. When I close PT and nav to the folder where I saved the file, the file exist. I double click on the wav to play in WMP and I get a message that I "do not have the correct codec". I should because all other .wav on my cpu play. I've switched around sources but still can't figure it out. Any ideas?

P4 3.0ghz
4gb Ram
Delta 1010LT
Old 12-06-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Can\'t bounse to disk (Followup)

I figured it out.

It's a conflict between Windows Audio and the PTMP audio engine. After you bounce a track to disk and shutdown PTMP, windows may not respond to audio. You will have to restart to hear the mixdown in media player. I opened the .wav file in Ableton after several failed attempts with media player, and it played fine. So its a windows thing, but it did throw me for a loop.

Forgive the bad spelling in the original thread.

Thanks
Crash