Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2009, 06:13 PM

Default PTDH 8.0.1 CPU issues are still there!

Pro Tools cpu meter reads 33% and my task manager reads 68%.Had a cpu overload error on 1 stereo track with 5 rtas plugs on it.This update is the worst one yet.When I first installed all I got was numerous dae errors until I trashed my prefs.The cpu issue has not been fixed and so far it looks like it's worse.Oh btw..........my DB33 will not load now either and PT always wants to throw it in my unused plugs folder.WTF is up with that?Beware of this update!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:27 PM

Default Re: PTDH 8.0.1 CPU issues are still there!

sorry to hear meat. man i just got home, all hyped to install.something told me to check out the duc first.

now i'm afraid to get involved.

whats going on digi?????????????????????
Old 09-08-2009, 06:47 PM

I've been running all morning with no problems... What are you're playback buffer settings etc? What about you cards - PCI or PCIe? Slot order? I have seen problems in the past re: cards in slots that aren't optimal slots, despite being what digi recommends. Can you got to device manager/view/resources by type and show us a list of IRQ? Oh yeah, what OS? I think that should cover it!

I'm not using alot of VIs, but my all of my instruments are loading fine including new instantiations just done specifically to test this out for you.

cya
Ghengis
Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 PM

Talking Re: PTDH 8.0.1 CPU issues are still there!

I'm seeing 25% in PT system usage and around 21% in windows TM.
DB33 loads up fine - as do all other AIR plugs.
Playing back 92 audio tracks all morning in 5.1 with V10 DV25 Avid pics- not a hiccup as yet.
Maybe because Australian rigs are upside down it works betterer?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEAT View Post
Pro Tools cpu meter reads 33% and my task manager reads 68%.Had a cpu overload error on 1 stereo track with 5 rtas plugs on it.This update is the worst one yet.When I first installed all I got was numerous dae errors until I trashed my prefs.The cpu issue has not been fixed and so far it looks like it's worse.Oh btw..........my DB33 will not load now either and PT always wants to throw it in my unused plugs folder.WTF is up with that?Beware of this update!
Can you post a list of installed plug-ins? Use the utility from the General Troubleshooting thread...

If you have any Massey plug-ins installed, remove them - we have a few reports of them causing issues in 8.0.1 and we're still investigating. It's fixed crashing and errors for a couple other customers.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
sorry to hear meat. man i just got home, all hyped to install.something told me to check out the duc first.

now i'm afraid to get involved.

whats going on digi?????????????????????
What's going on is that most of the crashing/errors are system specific and not being 'caused' by 8.0.1.

I've seen a ton of people who still have incompatible plug-ins installed.

Several customers are using unsupported configurations.

Many have just not done the general troubleshooting.

For PC HD users, we do have a new discovery in that some motherboards seem to work better with a reversed card order. We're investigating the root cause of this.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Can you post a list of installed plug-ins? Use the utility from the General Troubleshooting thread...

If you have any Massey plug-ins installed, remove them - we have a few reports of them causing issues in 8.0.1 and we're still investigating. It's fixed crashing and errors for a couple other customers.
Yes........I own and use every Massey plugin on every mix.I can't mix without them and please do not try to pass the buck onto Steve because his plugins worked fine and did not cause any problems in any other version of PTHD.The problem is 8.0.1.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 PM

i tried 8.0.1 error message 6031 and by the way i'm not running any rtas plugins all are tdm. why does it say anything about rtas when they are not being used .. same here 8cs3 was working great sucks big time had all kinds of problems when 8 first came out and we had to payfor that.... thank goodness 8.0.1 was not a paid update..went back to 8cs3 .. this kind of junk makes me think of selling pro tools and going with something else ..at least all other software can use vst might have to get rid of my mcdsp but still got my waves plugins.. pro tools hd3 with 192 a 96 and 96i plus control 24 make me an offer
Old 09-13-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
What's going on is that most of the crashing/errors are system specific and not being 'caused' by 8.0.1.

I've seen a ton of people who still have incompatible plug-ins installed.

Several customers are using unsupported configurations.

Many have just not done the general troubleshooting.

For PC HD users, we do have a new discovery in that some motherboards seem to work better with a reversed card order. We're investigating the root cause of this.

digi, at this point in time, do you still say its system specific????
Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
digi, at this point in time, do you still say its system specific????
Ofcourse they will!