Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 02-11-2017, 02:22 AM

Default CANNOT Change I/O Settings

Like the title says. I've googled this and everything I get referred to is for resetting I/O settings and how to change them. That's not my problem.

I just got a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, running Pro Tools 12.4, Mac Mini running OS Sierra.

The Scarlett has been pretty easy with regards to plug and play, my outputs work just fine in Pro Tools and out of it, but two things are weird.

In my audio playback drop down menu the Scarlet is listed twice at the bottom. I haven't seen a difference between which one I have selected.

The mai. Issue here is that I have no inputs. In the I/O screen I'm able to do everything you're usually able to do with Outputs, Busses, and Inserts, but there is literally nothing to click on in the Jnputs tab. Everything is blank and the options to "Default" the settings is unclickable. So I can't record anything.

Please advise. Thanks guys.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:36 AM

Default Re: CANNOT Change I/O Settings

Hi, welcme to the forum.

Focusrite settings cannot be altered using PT but instead you need to find the control software (driver) provided and supported by Focusrite. PT can only control Avid interfaces.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:47 AM

So how would a guy go about getting my inputs sorted out?? My research regarding software drivers for the 2i2 has told me there isn't a driver available or needed for it to work on a Mac.

I have my Eleven Rack's outputs going into my 2i2 input jacks, and I get good levels showing on the meters of the 2i2, but I'm not getting any sound coming out of my monitors either.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:17 AM

Here's a official Focusrite tutorial video for a start (maybe this helps):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GobEy0OEdAo
Old 04-29-2021, 07:27 AM

Guys -
I accidentally nudged my iLok and it blinked off. I reinserted it, it lit up again, and I went back to the session I was working on. The tracks were there but the I/O settings were off. They were kind of reversed with the ones I used most (Main Out or Main Out L or Main Out R on bottom and grayed out. I tried to reset (default) them but it didn't work. Then I started a new session for a master and imported a track. It came with no waveform and no audio. I checked to make sure my mini box was acknowledged in playback. I then tried resetting I/Os several times but it didn't work. I reinstalled the mini driver and tried repairing the Pro Tools program. No change. the dialog box:

Out 1-3 (stereo) Main Output L/R
Out 1 (mono)
Out 2 (mono)

Main Out L/R Stereo . Main Output L/R - path n/a
Main Out L (Mono) - path n/a
Main Out R (Mono) - path n/a

I'm stumped - any ideas?