Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2021, 05:53 PM

Default Kontakt instrument Volumes and PT

I'm gathering that setting instrument volume in Kontakt is complicated by Pro Tools sending default midi volume info.

If I move one of the Kontakt Instrument faders, they snap back upon hitting play. Okay, known issue....

I know I can change a setting in Kontakt to stop Kontakt insturments from receiving CC7 (Midi Volume) but then I will not be able to automate volume changes in my mix....

kind of a dealbreaker trade off!

But it seems I'm having success by adjusting the midi volume levels on PT Mix page.

But am noticing that the default values on the Kontakt instrument Volume Sliders are all different...Even if i erase all volume automation in PT Edit window, I still see the varying levels set at Kontakt Instrument volume sliders. I've hit the instruments' wrench icons to see that all the internal volume knobs are set at 0, I zero out the volume faders on the PT Mix Page. But still Kontakt volume sliders are all over the place.
How can I reset them to a standard default value?

Also is there a comprehensive resource on how to deal with Kontakt volume in PT? it's such a basic thing yet so messed up!
Old 08-31-2021, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Kontakt instrument Volumes and PT

By the way, I did also look at the Controller page in Kontatk Instrument Options, and made sure the top of the cc7 range was set to -6, but the volume sliders still default to random values. urrrrgh.