Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 04-22-2018, 06:03 PM

Default Pro Tools 2018 Reinstatement/Upgrade

I used to have Pro Tools 10 which I ran on a MacBook Pro with snow leopard and still have a Digi 003 Rack. But my kids broke my old MacBook Pro and I have been without Pro Tools since.

I just got a new/used MacBook Pro with High Sierra on it so when I tried to load the only copy of Pro Tools I could find which is 7.6.2, since I upgraded to 8 then 10 after that, of course it would not work on High Sierra. So I logged into my Avid Master Account and saw that I don't have a system ID anymore because they don't have my upgrades to Pro Tools 8 or 10 registered for some reason. Which is def not on me because I always register everything and know it most likely wouldn't have worked without registering it right?

Of course Avid was Digidesign back then and had a different website. So when I tried to buy a new version of pro tools 2018 which is the only version compatible with high sierra it says I need to pay $600 which I can't bring myself to do since I had Pro Tools 10 before my old CPU broke and should only have to pay $300 to have a license (which was hard enough to talk myself into).

I have emailed Avid 4 times in the past 3 weeks and had no response. I emailed Sweetwater and got a response within the hour tho! I am not happy and close to saying screw Pro Tools and Avid and just record on Logic. I have paid thousands of dollars to Avid over the days for numerous Plug Ins and Upgrades and I am just so over it! I am even Pro Tools Certified but I will not pay $600 for something I should already own. Especially when they can't email me back to answer a simple question. I pretty much had to sign up here to get help!

So long story short anyone know why my Pro Tools 10 license is not in my Avid Master Account or what I can do to get up with Avid? I just want a working version of Pro Tools mainly to use the 003 as a interface for logic but def not paying $600 for that, plus I'm sure PT 2018 will only work with the current Mac operating system for about a year then they will want another $300-$600!!! I have even thought about downgrading back to snow leopard but wanted to check and see if there was anything else I could do because that is a last option kind of thing!

Any advice or help would be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks
Old 04-22-2018, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2018 Reinstatement/Upgrade

You have to pay to play. Since you haven’t upgraded since PT 10, over three years ago, you missed the opportunity to join the annual subscription plan.

If you wrote to Sweetwater they should have told you to just buy the $299 upgrade perpetual license here.

http://https://www.sweetwater.com/st...iABEgKFmPD_BwE
Old 04-22-2018, 10:21 PM

I may be wrong on this, but I’m not sure it actually matters if PT10 is in your avid account or not. What matters is that you have access to your iLok account containing your PT10 iLok license. When you register the upgrade in you’re avid account, it will ask for your ILok ID, then it will gobble up your old license to deposit a new one linto your iLok account and give you access to the new downloads via my avid.

You were probably quoted $600 because there are no upgrade paths from Pro Tools 7.

Do you have access to your iLok account?
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliano42 View Post
I used to have Pro Tools 10 which I ran on a MacBook Pro with snow leopard and still have a Digi 003 Rack. But my kids broke my old MacBook Pro and I have been without Pro Tools since.

I just got a new/used MacBook Pro with High Sierra on it so when I tried to load the only copy of Pro Tools I could find which is 7.6.2, since I upgraded to 8 then 10 after that, of course it would not work on High Sierra. So I logged into my Avid Master Account and saw that I don't have a system ID anymore because they don't have my upgrades to Pro Tools 8 or 10 registered for some reason. Which is def not on me because I always register everything and know it most likely wouldn't have worked without registering it right?

Of course Avid was Digidesign back then and had a different website. So when I tried to buy a new version of pro tools 2018 which is the only version compatible with high sierra it says I need to pay $600 which I can't bring myself to do since I had Pro Tools 10 before my old CPU broke and should only have to pay $300 to have a license (which was hard enough to talk myself into).

I have emailed Avid 4 times in the past 3 weeks and had no response. I emailed Sweetwater and got a response within the hour tho! I am not happy and close to saying screw Pro Tools and Avid and just record on Logic. I have paid thousands of dollars to Avid over the days for numerous Plug Ins and Upgrades and I am just so over it! I am even Pro Tools Certified but I will not pay $600 for something I should already own. Especially when they can't email me back to answer a simple question. I pretty much had to sign up here to get help!

So long story short anyone know why my Pro Tools 10 license is not in my Avid Master Account or what I can do to get up with Avid? I just want a working version of Pro Tools mainly to use the 003 as a interface for logic but def not paying $600 for that, plus I'm sure PT 2018 will only work with the current Mac operating system for about a year then they will want another $300-$600!!! I have even thought about downgrading back to snow leopard but wanted to check and see if there was anything else I could do because that is a last option kind of thing!

Any advice or help would be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks
Just buy a copy of an OSX that runs with PT10, which should be 10.9 and install that on your computer.
15 years as PTHD User, Protools 2018 Ultimate, 24 Channel iCon D-Command, Avid Omni, Lynx Aurora 16, (2) BLA Modified 192 I/O’s, DigiPre, Way Too Many Outboard Compressors/EQ’s/ETC, where did all my money go????