Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 09-16-2013, 01:40 PM

Default Protools 8 LE does not want to open

Hello people,
no matter what i do protools 8 does not work it won't open...there is not even a message or error...nothing... ! In my task manager i see protools.exe opening
and 7 seconds after it disappears, WOW! What was that?
I did desinstalled it once to try the protools 11 trial of 30 days but the problem happened it came the time to RE-installed my protools 8! Everything was working perfect 2 weeks ago, but it start happening since i did the installation of this "pace/ilok" update....but even that i desintalled it and tried it either ways even THIS protools 8 won't launch! I did desinstalled explorer 8 too...!
Still nothing !

It won't opened at all...
I work on my "windows 7 - 64 bit" computer...on my mbox pro 2 systeme.

Please help...what to do?

Thank you
Louis
Old 09-16-2013, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Protools 8 LE does not want to open

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanproject View Post
Hello people,
no matter what i do protools 8 does not work it won't open...there is not even a message or error...nothing... ! In my task manager i see protools.exe opening
and 7 seconds after it disappears, WOW! What was that?
I did desinstalled it once to try the protools 11 trial of 30 days but the problem happened it came the time to RE-installed my protools 8! Everything was working perfect 2 weeks ago, but it start happening since i did the installation of this "pace/ilok" update....but even that i desintalled it and tried it either ways even THIS protools 8 won't launch! I did desinstalled explorer 8 too...!
Still nothing !

It won't opened at all...
I work on my "windows 7 - 64 bit" computer...on my mbox pro 2 systeme.

Please help...what to do?

Thank you
Louis
We need a lot more info about you system, exact versions of Pro Tools and exactly what you have done, in what order. Just imagine we are not sitting next to you, have not seen anything of what you have done, and you have to describe this so somebody hiding on the other side of the Internet can understand it. Start by reading the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this page.

Did you uninstall Pro Tools 11 before installing Pro Tools 8 LE? (and had you uninstalled Pro Tools 8 LE previously before installing Pro Tools 11?)

I would also unisntall any Mbox drivers you installed for Pro Tools 11. Use the device manager to do this with the Mbox connected. Uninstall the driver. Remove the Mbox. Reboot the computer.

What exact version of Pro Tools 8 LE are you trying to install?

You don't need the PACE software for Pro Tools 8 LE (or do you need it for some plugins?) so you could uninstall all that. Should not be a problem but if nothing else works try that.

Post a Sandra report.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:39 AM

sorry my english does sux! i am french !
So sure here i answer your questions

--Did you uninstall Pro Tools 11 before installing Pro Tools 8 LE? Yes

--(and had you uninstalled Pro Tools 8 LE previously before installing Pro Tools 11?)

of coarse and even passed on ccleaner to clean to registry too, but i must admit when i decided to desinstall protools 11 then reboot and after to reinstalled pt 8 i noticed after that reinstallation or pt8 that some pieces of protools 11 in the avid folder i believe was still remaining...so i looked everywhere in my panel control to make sure pt 11 i was REALLY desintalled
and so i din't understand this SO i deleled the remaining folder of pt 11 then after DESINSTALLED again pt 8 thinking that maybe the pt 8 installation was void or would be affected by the remainings of pt 11 so i started a fresh new clean...to installed pt 8 AGAIN!

--I would also unisntall any Mbox drivers you installed for Pro Tools 11. Use the device manager to do this with the Mbox connected. Uninstall the driver. Remove the Mbox. Reboot the computer. :

ok i will try this now !

--What exact version of Pro Tools 8 LE are you trying to install?

Well protools 8 LE not mpowered.

--You don't need the PACE software for Pro Tools 8 LE (or do you need it for some plugins?) so you could uninstall all that. Should not be a problem but if nothing else works try that.

Well the problem is that i need pace for one plugin important uviworkstation BUT strange it seemed to work before without pace since i just connected my old generation ilok and everything worked perfectly. But i must add that since i installed protools 11 and pace (new version) it never worked good after for me

NOW for my computer specs !

I have a AMD Athlon (tm) IIx4 640 3.0 ghz quadcore processor with 6 GB of ram installed on it as we speak.
Windows 7 64 bit edition pack 1
Old 09-17-2013, 02:59 AM

Ok i did a "FRESH" now installation took off all digidesign or avid drivers even my mbox 2 drivers...rebooted like 4 times for this and so now it STILL does not launch! WOW! And some of my other applications does not even launch like my arturia collections! Yup there is really something wrong.